• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Houston Stadium

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

128 million 40k expandable to 60k. 

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

128 million 40k expandable to 60k. 

let's buy it from them

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Looks good on TV as well.    Not that expensive either.          If We don't start winning games soon,  We may have to announce something big like a stadium to get people interested in the program again( will help in the  immediate future with ticket sales(people wanting to get the choice seats , being able to pick a seat thing) like it did when we renovated the dome.  However it wont keep people unless we start winning.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

How much is publix in for?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048

And only a 40% chance of getting robbed on the way to your car after the game!

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,415
  • Days Won:  43

Bull Freak & Dhambuc, thanks for bringing this up as I share the same view. USF needs OCS to really get the program going. The long term positives for an OCS are too hard to ignore. USF will continue to draw flies at RJS. It is a morgue bad it reeks depression. I am about to just tailgate and skip going into the stadium just to avoid the depressed feeling that you get watching USF football at RJS. Slick & TripB will never get it until an OCS actually becomes reality. Then they will see how wrong they were and how right we are

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

Bull Freak & Dhambuc, thanks for bringing this up as I share the same view. USF needs OCS to really get the program going. The long term positives for an OCS are too hard to ignore. USF will continue to draw flies at RJS. It is a morgue bad it reeks depression. I am about to just tailgate and skip going into the stadium just to avoid the depressed feeling that you get watching USF football at RJS. Slick & TripB will never get it until an OCS actually becomes reality. Then they will see how wrong they were and how right we are

Not sure I've ever been paired with Slick on a side of an argument .... but just what again is it that you don't think we get about an ocs?

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Not sure I've ever been paired with Slick on a side of an argument .... but just what again is it that you don't think we get about an ocs?

OCS = wins = national championships.

Come on, Trip.  We've been through this.  

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174

There is NOTHING like game day on campus. It changes the entire university experience for students and alums. I also think it's a great showcase for younger folks who are going to games. Being on UF's campus when I was in high school was a very motivating experience. 

Going to this white out with 10k fans at rayjay will further the disdain I feel for USF games at Raymond James. Red seats & pirate ships won't ever feel like a home stadium. 

The Houston stadium is exactly what we should be aiming for.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

With the way attendance is trending overall, we should just build a 40K'er and be done with it. Sure, design to expand someday, but chances are USF will never need to expand, and it's okay. Keep the average around 35,000+ and it will be rockin and it will be green and gold and close to "home". I think the perception is that because there are a handful of programs with 80-110K seats now that everyone has to play catch up, and we don't. We've seen what overbuilding can do (empty seats).

Man, $128 million isn't that bad, either. It's a heck of a lot better than $300+ million some of us frothed over for the Minnesota TCF Bank Stadium design. Man, Houston's looks **** good and for that price, I'd take it.