• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is this better/worse than right before Holtz was canned?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

If AW is QB next year, how exciting will it be to watch him do screens and run a power offense all day? 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Seriously....  can you just leave it at 2* players 

this

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

Was harder for me to deal with when it was Holtz. I didn't come to expect L after L yet. I expect the losses at this point. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  256

Seriously....  can you just leave it at 2* players 

well I wanted to say "Alex Mut" without actually saying Alex Mut. But yeah, Alex Mut. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Better, CWT isn't leaving team a smoldering dumpster. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

well I wanted to say "Alex Mut" without actually saying Alex Mut. But yeah, Alex Mut. 

Alex Mut isn't even in the top 50 reasons why Holtz failed. I'd still happily take him.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

Better as CWT recruited higher rated classes to USF. So next coach will have more to work with if CWT gets canned. Holtz left a mess

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  256

Alex Mut isn't even in the top 50 reasons why Holtz failed. I'd still happily take him.

any time you can get a mediocre run blocking WR, you gotta do it. Plus he turned down U of Phoenix, Everest University, and that art school where you draw a turtle to come play for USF.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

This team is really just CWT relinquishing play calling duties away from bowling IMO.

I believe any other OC will play a QB who can make the basic throws and the run game will explode due to Ds not being able to stack the box with 8 to 9 men. Think about this even with teams knowing we can't throw the ball we still are able to pick up nice running yards. What would happen if they could no longer cheat the way they are by stacking the box?

Its clear to me, if we are able to keep the staff in tact and just have someone else running the O we would turn this season around in a heart beat. If CWT is fired i am not sure what will happen bc you don't know what will happen with the staff. Most new coaches bring their own people in. 

As far as talent goes, it's night and day when compared to CSH. So a new coach would inherit a talented team but could pull a John Gruden in that they could win with CWTs team but then crash and burn after. There is a lot more to being a head coach than game day play calling and it's my opinion that CWT has figured out a lot of the other requirements needed. He has a good team in place to help him he just needs to let them do their job and get the hell out of the way on O!!

Edited by Bull-Hornz
  • Upvote 1