• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

4 plays cost game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

I know you don't want to hear this, but we really did play an even game with Memphis, a supposedly top 15 caliber team that has won 12 games in a row.  We really were not that far off.  I'm no Taggart fan/cheerleader, but we were really close to getting over hump.

4 plays stood out to me.  If 1 or 2 had gone our way, we would have either won, or went to OT.

1)  DB dropping an INT, believe it was Hoggins.  Memphis would go on to score a TD on that drive.  With the INT, Memphis would have only scored 17, not 24

2)  QF overthrow to Adams

3)  Mack getting stopped on 4th and inches.  I actually thought he made it and got a bad spot, but you couldn't overturn the call because there were too many bodies in pile to see it clearly.

4)  Whitehurst missing a fumble by the Memphis return man at the 5 yard line.

Any one of these would have had us in the game potentially winning the game.  It really was that even of a game.  I know you don't want to hear it, but we really did play well overall against an outstanding team.  I predict Memphis will beat Ole Miss in 2 weeks and probably be ranked in the top 15.

One other thing, the problem was not QF.  He threw the ball well in limited opportunities (other than the overthrow).  17 for 26.  Problem was completely going away from pass, not QF.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688

And Maryland got sacked a bunch of times, also dropped a pass on a 3rd down, and still won. 

In addition to those 4, there 50 other plays we could have done differently that make a difference. It's the other 50 that would have made a difference.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

I know you don't want to hear this, but we really did play an even game with Memphis, a supposedly top 15 caliber team that has won 12 games in a row.  We really were not that far off.  I'm no Taggart fan/cheerleader, but we were really close to getting over hump.

4 plays stood out to me.  If 1 or 2 had gone our way, we would have either won, or went to OT.

1)  DB dropping an INT, believe it was Hoggins.  Memphis would go on to score a TD on that drive.  With the INT, Memphis would have only scored 17, not 24

2)  QF overthrow to Adams

3)  Mack getting stopped on 4th and inches.  I actually thought he made it and got a bad spot, but you couldn't overturn the call because there were too many bodies in pile to see it clearly.

4)  Whitehurst missing a fumble by the Memphis return man at the 5 yard line.

Any one of these would have had us in the game potentially winning the game.  It really was that even of a game.  I know you don't want to hear it, but we really did play well overall against an outstanding team.  I predict Memphis will beat Ole Miss in 2 weeks and probably be ranked in the top 15.

One other thing, the problem was not QF.  He threw the ball well in limited opportunities (other than the overthrow).  17 for 26.  Problem was completely going away from pass, not QF.  

:facepalm:

I truly cannot understand how anyone can blame our D after holding Memphis to 24 freakin points. They were on the field all game bc of our O being inept. This loss is directly on CWT and QF.

QF played a horrible game at QB and had a QBR of 34!! Stop putting up his completions bc 3/4 of those where run plays behind the LOS and why his QBR has been in the low 30s since FAMU. How many more games do we have to see QF run the same 10 plays to understand he is not a QB that will allow us to win games...

QF did not play a horrible game.  He completed the passes that were called for him to run.  Period, end of story.  QF does not call the plays, Taggart does.  Do you think he can just call his own game and start passing downfield?  He completed 17 out of 26 of the passes that Taggart called.  Is it his fault Taggart called 2 yard passes and bubble screens all night.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Good points, OP.  

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

1 for 12 on 3rd down conversions last night.  That's the reason for the season.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

That personal foul/late hit was not a benefit

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

1 for 12 on 3rd down conversions last night.  That's the reason for the season.

so 11 plays and a coach cost us the game

Edited by 2000bull

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

In no sense of the word did flowers play a bad game. He had one bad throw, which should have been a touchdown, but he proves that he can be accurate on short and intermediate passes. Also, on our final scoring drive when flowers scrambled for about 20 seconds before launching the ball downfield and got a pass interference call on the defense, bench would have been sacked right away or thrown a pick. Flowers is a play maker and Taggart has to let him throw the ball when the defense doesn't expect it. We did it only a couple times we had a receiver wide open down the field, twice price and once Adams.

In no sense of the word did flowers play a bad game. He had one bad throw, which should have been a touchdown, but he proves that he can be accurate on short and intermediate passes. Also, on our final scoring drive when flowers scrambled for about 20 seconds before launching the ball downfield and got a pass interference call on the defense, bench would have been sacked right away or thrown a pick. Flowers is a play maker and Taggart has to let him throw the ball when the defense doesn't expect it. We did it only a couple times we had a receiver wide open down the field, twice price and once Adams.

Thank you. Bench would have taken a clear sack. Anyone who can't see that is blind.