• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

4 plays cost game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

Thanks to our resident dwarf for the Memphis game. He had 7 out of the 26 behind the LOS. That's 27% ..... but carry on with your other "evidence".

Listen...before I stoop to your level MOD, you can't just go back and look at the box score and start quoting those CMP numbers as they are misleading. How many of his CMP where behind the LOS? Thats the whole point and why I am trying to use numbers such as the QBR to help those that want to understand.

I'll make it easy for ya, go back and WATCH QF first drive, his first "pass" completion goes down as a 4 yrds pass to Chris Barr. It was nothing more than a fwd hand off which CB picked up 4 yrds and exactly my point. His next and few true pass of the entire game came to SP when he was wide open but he hit him in stride with a little zip which is great on QF. 

But whatever man I am tired of how patornizing you are especially with this issue where you are chosing to ignore some clear signs.

Edited by Bull-Hornz

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Listen...before I stoop to your level MOD, you can't just go back and look at the box score and start quoting those numbers as they are misleading. Thats the whole point and why I am trying to use numbers such as the QBR to help those that want to understand.

I'll make it easy for ya, go back and WATCH QF first drive, his first "pass" completion goes down as a 4 yrds pass to Chris Barr. It was nothing more than a fwd hand off which CB picked up 4 yrds and exactly my point. His next and few true pass of the entire game came to SP when he was wide open but he hit him in stride with a little zip which is great on QF. 

But whatever man I am tired of how patornizing you are especially with this issue where you are chosing to ignore some clear signs.

Not sure what level you'd be stooping to. All I'm doing is calling out ******** for what it is .... ********. There's enough stuff to pick apart with CWT's playcallling without having to fabricate crap ... but I did go back and double check to make sure I included that glorified handoff as a pass behind the LOS, there was another later on, and I had. 27% of the "passes" were behind the LOS, not the ridiculous 65%-85% you're trying to pass off ... and here's where I got my data from, http://www.thebullspen.com/topic/101130-usf-vs-memphis-2015-full-game-replay/ . Feel free to double check my evidence. An as far as patronizing you, I will be more than happy to stop as soon as you stop making up ****.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

Memphis managed to have two players ejected, one of whom was pretty important. Yada yada yada. The what if and missed plays knife cuts both ways. Memphis fans could tell us how 4 plays cost them 4 touchdowns I'm sure.

Missed plays happen every college football game. Winners make more opportunities. Losers don't.

Exactly. This reminds me of Holtz saying something like "We were one or two plays away from winning". Bottom line is, the plays weren't made. This just fails to see the big picture, and that is we will be out-coached in every game this year unless Taggart relieves himself of play calling duties. He fails to make in-game adjustments, which is why we are competitive early in most games, then fall apart late.

Not sure what level you'd be stooping to. All I'm doing is calling out ******** for what it is .... ********. There's enough stuff to pick apart with CWT's playcallling without having to fabricate crap ... but I did go back and double check to make sure I included that glorified handoff as a pass behind the LOS, there was another later on, and I had. 27% of the "passes" were behind the LOS, not the ridiculous 65%-85% you're trying to pass off ... and here's where I got my data from, http://www.thebullspen.com/topic/101130-usf-vs-memphis-2015-full-game-replay/ . Feel free to double check my evidence. An as far as patronizing you, I will be more than happy to stop as soon as you stop making up ****.

LOL .... Someone down votes that?? I guess there are really some who can't handle the truth. :hippy2:

• Upvote 3

This will most likely be the only time you will be able to take up more than 15-30 mins of my life in one shot and the only reason is bc there have been few times I personally have seen you be quite so obtuse and thick (basically I respect your opinion)

QF "Pass" completions

1st qtr

CB 4 yrd - fwd hand off behind LOS

SP 26 yrds - nice pass w/zip to wide open SP

CB incomplete - deep ball way overthrown where CB had a step w/one on one coverage for a TD

RA 5 yrds - QF extended the play with his legs and gets team in better position for FG where Memphis went into prevent

2nd qtr

RA 11 yrds - another pass behind LOS

QF incomplete - extends play with feet makes a horrrible pass and decision to DJ which should have been picked

QF incomplete - throw away bc Memphis has no respect for pass ability and brings the house. Good on QF to avoid sack.

End of the half

4 - 7  where 50% of his completions where glorified run plays

so actual passing numbers

2 - 5

3rd qtr

DJ 9 yrds - pass behind LOS again Memphis in prevent bc of the 3rd and 10

DJ 0 yrds - pass behind LOS and w/nice one on one matches that QF couldnt take advantage of

4th Qtr

QF incomplete - WO RA fot TD QF over throws

(GAME IS STILL close 17-10 13 mins left in game)

QF incomplete -  extends play with legs good coverage and pressure by Memphis QF throws away

MM 17 yrds - nice quick pass 5 yrds pass

CB 5 yrds - fwd pass run play behind LOS

TM 4 yrds - behind LOS screen at least the ball had some zip it

(At this point 5 mins left 24 - 10 and Memphis is playing clock game and letting the RB run free out of the back field for check downs keeping everything in front of them.)

Pass Stats

9 - 14

Actual pass plays

3 - 8

so up to the point where we still had a legit chance of winning the game 6 of QFs 9 completions where behind the LOS. In other words 66% of QF completions where in fact behind the LOS. 

For completeness I will finish this up in garbage time

DJ 5 yrds - runs out of the back field scott free bc Memphis is playing way back QF floats a little duck in [4-9]

CB 5 yrds - nice quick pass which plays right into Memphis game plan of giving up short passes on 2 and 13 (4 mins) [5-10]

RA 20 yrds - basically a nice little 3 yrd dink pass that QF hits in stride which Memphis is happy to give but RA gets some good YAC [6-11]

DJ 16 yrds - nothing doing but DJ squirts out of backfield and QF extends plays and makes a nice throw over the middle to DJ [7-12]

QF incomplete - nice quick 1 yrd throw to SP who drops the ball [7-13]

QF incomplete - QF threads a ball into triple prevent coverage could have int if defender was looking for a pick instead RB is lit up and drops the ball [7-14]

DT 2 yrds - pass at LOS

QF incomplete - way overthrown into double coverage [7-15]

ED 23 yrds - awesome finger tip catch by Kino!! Nice zip by QF [8-16]

ED 7 yrds - nice quick throw by QF and solid catch [9-17]

QF INT - forcing the ball into triple coverage [9-18]

End of game

17- 26

Actual Passes

9 - 18 

So only 9 of QF 17 completions were legit passes including garbage time or 48% of his total passes where behind the LOS. 

While the game was still in reach (17-10) 66% of his pass cmp were behind the LOS and he was only 3 - 8 in real pass situations. This is why his total QBR was 34. 

Believe what you want.

Edited by Bull-Hornz

By the way I have stated this over and over again...I am not knocking QF he is doing the best he can and improving. That is reflected in his QBR as well

FSU 17

MD 30

Memphis 34

Just at this rate he might not even catch MW by the end of the year. Best of luck to him though, I hope he gets to pass more in the next game.

LOL .... Someone down votes that?? I guess there are really some who can't handle the truth. :hippy2:

Wasnt me but what you wrote is far from the truth and prob why it was down voted. I broke that down play by play above. That is only for the memphis game those numbers get worse the farther you go back bc this was the first game so far that QF was allowed to throw but it came a little to late in garbage time.

It was nice to see QF run more of the play book though and while I am still not sure if he can make throws on an avg D thats not in prevent, at least he showed he knows more than 10 plays. If he was allowed to make those throws earlier in the game maybe we win. Hope he won enough of the coaches confidence to at least give us a shot to win some games this yr.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

In no sense of the word did flowers play a bad game. He had one bad throw, which should have been a touchdown, but he proves that he can be accurate on short and intermediate passes. Also, on our final scoring drive when flowers scrambled for about 20 seconds before launching the ball downfield and got a pass interference call on the defense, bench would have been sacked right away or thrown a pick. Flowers is a play maker and Taggart has to let him throw the ball when the defense doesn't expect it. We did it only a couple times we had a receiver wide open down the field, twice price and once Adams.

You are assuming the receiver would have caught the ball.

Wasnt me but what you wrote is far from the truth and prob why it was down voted. I broke that down play by play above. That is only for the memphis game those numbers get worse the farther you go back bc this was the first game so far that QF was allowed to throw but it came a little to late in garbage time.

It was the truth and your breakdown, while does show that QF needs to improve which I've never denied, has NOTHING to do with what I wrote. This is my final on this subject and this game because obviously you're the one too thick to understand what I've been saying. . Here's what triggered my initial response on this matter:

Why do ya think 75% of QF throws are behind the line of scrimmage? If CWT had any confidence in QF throwing the ball he would obviously let him do it.

Fact is that 75% of the pass plays called for him are NOT throws behind the LOS. Fact is that only 27% of the pass plays called in the Memphis game were behind the LOS. Fact is in the first half only 6 pass plays were called (not including the glorified hand off) and 83% of them called for passes beyond the LOS. It doesn't appear that CWT has any qualms about calling pass plays beyond the LOS, with the Memphis game having ones called all over the field. The problem was he didn't call enough of them early on. I guess because he only had Mack touch the ball 12 times in the MD means he didn't have confidence in him? Of course not. It means his playcalling is a contributing factor to our offensive woes.

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

You are assuming the receiver would have caught the ball.

Are you talking about the deep ball where they called pass interference? If so no I do not think he would have caught the ball if the defense had played it properly, but he at least game him a good shot at catching it and/or drawing a penalty which he did.