• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

4 plays cost game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Memphis managed to have two players ejected, one of whom was pretty important. Yada yada yada. The what if and missed plays knife cuts both ways. Memphis fans could tell us how 4 plays cost them 4 touchdowns I'm sure.

Missed plays happen every college football game. Winners make more opportunities. Losers don't.

well put

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

you can win at football when your qb's lack of talent causes you to not call certain plays\

our choice of passing plays is limited because of flowers

our offense is so simplistic and easy to stop because qf cant throw

This is one of those rare moments I agree with smazza. 

CWT is coaching for his future and if QF could throw he would be. Against FAMU I was curious why QF did not get throwing reps in the second half which he clearly needed from his performance in the first half. Against FSU it was clear the staff had no confidence in his throwing ability save the long bomb...not sure what is taking others so long to see the same.

Edited by Bull-Hornz

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

This is one of those rare moments I agree with smazza. 

CWT is coaching for his future and if QF could throw he would be. Against FAMU I was curious why QF did not get throwing reps in the second half which he clearly needed from his performance in the first half. Against FSU it was clear the staff had no confidence in his throwing ability save the long bomb...not sure what is taking others so long to see the same.

How do we know whether he can throw or not? The only glimpses we've seen have been to wide open receivers and at the end of last game where he was very accurate, but Maryland was playing prevent downfield. In his high school tape he was able to throw the deep ball very well, granted it was against high school defenses, but his receivers also caught everything that touched their hands. He has obviously made alot of mistakes, but at the end of last game he proved that he could throw the ball, we just don't know exactly how well yet.

I think QF deep ball is his best ball and he seems to have some nice touch and a strong arm. Unfortunately that is a low percentage ball for any QB and not their bread and butter. While there haven't been many, QF has attempted to make other throws  near the sideline or over the middle that where mostly either picked, near picks, skip hops, resulted in a sack, or sideline throws that where out of bounds against FAMU, FSU, MD, and Memphis, so the evidence is there if you chose to look or not is up to the individual.

This is why his total QBR is so low for the entire season even factoring in FAMU at 32.8. Bc QBR looks at his actual pass attempts and for those he has been terrible. Factoring real throws ie not glorified runs plays his PASS/INT is quite high and PASS CMP % is quite bad.

What I will say is that QF has improved each game and if others need to see him attempt 20 REAL passes to understand where he is at so be it.

QF QBR (0-100 where 50 is an avg QB):

FSU 17.2

MD 30.8

Mem 34.7

The only reason you haven't seen it is bc CWT is protecting his QB. You might even say he is trying to develop him in his own way, but I think coddling him like he is will only do him more harm than good. The team has def lost some games due to QF lacking skillset at QB. Maybe others will come around when we see more of the same next game...but I doubt it.

Edited by Bull-Hornz
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

That loss was 100% on the scared to call plays offensive coordinator 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

I think QF deep ball is his best ball and he seems to have some nice touch and a strong arm. Unfortunately that is a low percentage ball for any QB and not their bread and butter. While there haven't been many, QF has attempted to make other throws  near the sideline or over the middle that where mostly either picked, near picks, skip hops, resulted in a sack, or sideline throws that where out of bounds against FAMU, FSU, MD, and Memphis, so the evidence is there if you chose to look or not is up to the individual.

I've seen how you analyze "evidence" and am pretty sure you're exaggerating things a little again ... just like when you were proclaiming that 3/4 of his passes in the Memphis game were behind the LOS. Flowers has been far from perfect but he's not near as inept as you and others keep trying to portray. He doesn't need to be throwing the ball all over the field but when the running game was clicking like it was on Saturday, you have got to throw in more play action passes. I don't think CWT was scared to call passing plays early ... if he was, he wouldn't have called them later in the game .... I just think he didn't have a feel for the game and did a ****** job of calling it.

Ive seen how you analyze "evidence" and am pretty sure you're exaggerating things a little again ... just like when you were proclaiming that 3/4 of his passes in the Memphis game were behind the LOS. Flowers has been far from perfect but he's not near as inept as you and others keep trying to portray. He doesn't need to be throwing the ball all over the field but when the running game was clicking like it was on Saturday, you have got to throw in more play action passes. I don't think CWT was scared to call passing plays early ... if he was, he wouldn't have called them later in the game .... I just think he didn't have a feel for the game and did a ****** job of calling it.

I am sry maybe I should use error bars for you Trip...75% plus or minus 10%. I don't have time to count his actual passes thrown but the number is not that far off and I did provide the QBR...you can ignore those as well if you want. I wouldn't say QF is inept either just don't think he is a QB at this level. This team has been limited by the QB position and that stings bc this could be a turn around year and it sucks to watch Captn Ahab sink us...

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

Fuentes made a small adjustment after the 1st quarter and out scored us 27-0 until our garbage TD with less than 2 minutes in the game.   

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

Fuentes made a small adjustment after the 1st quarter and out scored us 27-0 until our garbage TD with less than 2 minutes in the game.   

This is all you need to know about Taggart.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

I am sry maybe I should use error bars for you Trip...75% plus or minus 10%. I don't have time to count his actual passes thrown but the number is not that far off

Thanks to our resident dwarf, I WAS able to count his actual passes fairly quickly for the Memphis game. He had 7 out of the 26 behind the LOS. That's 27% ..... but carry on with your other "evidence".

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1