• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

4 plays cost game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

It was the truth and your breakdown, while does show that QF needs to improve which I've never denied, has NOTHING to do with what I wrote. This is my final on this subject and this game because obviously you're the one too thick to understand what I've been saying. . Here's what triggered my initial response on this matter:

Fact is that 75% of the pass plays called for him are NOT throws behind the LOS. Fact is that only 27% of the pass plays called in the Memphis game were behind the LOS. Fact is in the first half only 6 pass plays were called (not including the glorified hand off) and 83% of them called for passes beyond the LOS. It doesn't appear that CWT has any qualms about calling pass plays beyond the LOS, with the Memphis game having ones called all over the field. The problem was he didn't call enough of them early on. I guess because he only had Mack touch the ball 12 times in the MD means he didn't have confidence in him? Of course not. It means his playcalling is a contributing factor to our offensive woes.

I was referring to QF cmp numbers which are constantly brought up to make a point that is has good numbers when in fact a large percentage of his cmps are behind the line of scrimmage and misleading. That is most likely when you jumped into the conversation and could be the point of contention. Of course I wasn't criticizing your comments so you could also take a little more care in understanding what the conversation is about. I did/do use throws and passes when referring to cmps so I could see where the confusion arose if you haven't been following the conversation. I could try to be more careful in all the posts I type for those jumping in the middle of a convo.  

Anyhow that is why looking at the QBR is a much better metric.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

I was referring to QF cmp numbers which are constantly brought up to make a point that is has good numbers when in fact a large percentage of his cmps are behind the line of scrimmage and misleading. That is most likely when you jumped into the conversation and could be the point of contention. Of course I wasn't criticizing your comments so you could also take a little more care in understanding what the conversation is about. I did/do use throws and passes when referring to cmps so I could see where the confusion arose if you haven't been following the conversation. I could try to be more careful in all the posts I type for those jumping in the middle of a convo.  

Anyhow that is why looking at the QBR is a much better metric.

Shun Off ..... You posted this 7 minutes after your 75% statement:

CWT hand picked QF to be his QB, he is doing what he thinks is giving QF the best opportunity to win. He sees QF throw everyday in practice and basically knows he will be picked so he calls almost all his plays to be behind the line of scrimmage. It's on CWT but not for the reason most are blaming him for...

So yeah, maybe you should be more careful in your posts. There is only one way to interpret the intent that erroneous statement ..... Shun On.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

If this was a bar, you'd hear the whole joint in chorus, "Hey, take this crap outside!"

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

Shun Off ..... You posted this 7 minutes after your 75% statement:

So yeah, maybe you should be more careful in your posts. There is only one way to interpret the intent that erroneous statement ..... Shun On.

Come on man how old are ya lol :D

Is that not accurate that 75% of all the plays QF runs is behind the LOS? Its pretty run heavy ;)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

If this was a bar, you'd hear the whole joint in chorus, "Hey, take this crap outside!"

Better than "Hey, get a room!" ...

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

TRUE!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

See below. 

Edited by Bourbon Bull
forgot to quote

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

Are you talking about the deep ball where they called pass interference? If so no I do not think he would have caught the ball if the defense had played it properly, but he at least game him a good shot at catching it and/or drawing a penalty which he did.

Was talking about the drop by Rodney Adams in the Md game.  Just being a smart @$$.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

maybe you should get a room :D