• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Does Mark Harlan have the balls to fire RIGHT NOW?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

CWT hand picked QF to be his QB, he is doing what he thinks is giving QF the best opportunity to win. He sees QF throw everyday in practice and basically knows he will be picked so he calls almost all his plays to be behind the line of scrimmage. It's on CWT but not for the reason most are blaming him for...

Haven't had a chance to watch the game yet but I'm sure "he calls almost all his plays to be behind the line of scrimmage" is a bit of an exaggeration, like all those "nice throws" SB made in the MD game. Play calling tonight was the biggest culprit .... that and the refs.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

Harlan should fire Taggart tonight as offensive play caller and give those duties over to one of the offensive coordinators. The chosen  coordinator should also be able to select their own QB.

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

You are putting yourself out there when you make comments like this...compared to QF SB does make nice throws. QF had a QBR of 34 today which is horrible.

About 3/4 of his completions were behind the LOS but I am sure you will watch the game and twist things around for QF...

Edited by Bull-Hornz
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

so far we have beaten... FAMU. 

He gone. BYE FELICIA. 

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Harlan may or may not have the balls. All I know is that after watching USF football my penis is more limp than egg noodles in the middle of a monsoon.

USF is the saltpeter of college football.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

How dare we lose by 7 to a team many are saying could make the group of 5 bowls.

As falsely positive as some were about FAMU and FSU, they're falsely negative about this lose.

Taggart isn't going anywhere, and possibly not until next weekend 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

qf is only doing what coach t says. it's a joke. anyone on here who has had their manager set them up for failure knows. 

I guess his manager told him to overthrow / miss the open receivers  

QB's are rarely 100%. He was 17/26. The adonis on the other side was 20/33. What held the offense back tonight was the play calling (field position didn't help) and CWT owned up to it .... Let's see if he does anything about it. Should have been throwing more earlier ...

+1.  This game wasn't on the QB.  But when your head coach tells the team at practice we aren't throwing the **** ball, by God he means it.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

CWT hand picked QF to be his QB, he is doing what he thinks is giving QF the best opportunity to win. He sees QF throw everyday in practice and basically knows he will be picked so he calls almost all his plays to be behind the line of scrimmage. It's on CWT but not for the reason most are blaming him for...

Haven't had a chance to watch the game yet but I'm sure "he calls almost all his plays to be behind the line of scrimmage" is a bit of an exaggeration, like all those "nice throws" SB made in the MD game. Play calling tonight was the biggest culprit .... that and the refs.

Lay off Bench.  He didn't know he was going into the game and he didn't have time to warm up.  Then the coach that calls all running plays for 1 QB wants him to light it up and calls passing plays for a cold QB.  Just like last night's game wasn't on QF, Bench gets a pass on that MD game.  It is BS that he was told by Tags he was playing in that game.  Tags memory was off by a game. It was the FSU game. 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  131
  • Days Won:  0

Harlan may or may not have the balls. All I know is that after watching USF football my penis is more limp than egg noodles in the middle of a monsoon.

USF is the saltpeter of college football.

The limp "Richards" comments on this thread are too funny. So, Taggart believes that Flowers gives him the best chance to win, but with that choice comes many limitations, e.g., he's unable to or there's no confidence that Flowers can complete a pass across the middle. It's either shovel passes, bubble screens, or long streaks that if intercepted act the same as a punt. With that said, I have to be honest and say that Flowers showed some improvement in his passing.   However, when you factor in that much of Flowers' success was accomplished late with Memphis playing a little deeper and against a Memphis' defense that was losing players left and right to injury; then maybe said improvement was not as significant? 

Flowers running is another reason for choosing him over others.  Well, while he did run around a ton behind the LoS, his actual stats were 8 rushes for 23 yards. So, I'm trying to figure out what are the main reasons or skills that Flowers continues to bring to the table that screams out that he is best option to produce the most wins?  

Others here have speculated that there would not be that much of a difference if someone else played QB?  I have to say, there's a ton of truth in that observation; especially if the same suspect play-calling is used. However, it seems that when SB is in the game, the playcalling is different.  So, if the play-calling is different - as in better - when Flowers is out, and if the play-calling is the main culprit currently, doesn't it make sense to go with a QB that allows for better play-calling?  

So, who is that "better" QB? Do you play Bench - a senior with no upsides beyond this season; is it Kean who's a true freshman and untested; or how about Evan Wilson?  Wilson is a sophomore, and apparently has demonstrated some pretty good passing skills that even made Taggart comment that "he just makes plays."  From what we've seen, and can expect from Flowers, are we that far away from needing to see if Wilson can bring something more to this 17 point max Bulls' offense?  

• Upvote 1

So... I am finally on the side that Taggart needs to go... that play calling last night -- as it has been since he came here -- was worse than Tecmo Bowl.

However, we lost by one score (while covering the spread) against the best team in the conference while holding them to less than half of their normal point total... that bought Taggart another week or two right the ship.

• Upvote 1