• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Does Mark Harlan have the balls to fire RIGHT NOW?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

Cwt is too stupid and stubborn to get out of his own way. He should recruit and manage, yet he insists on play calling. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

It wasn't a blow out where the team was truly embarrassed. And while it's the norm to fire coaches after 3 seasons of failure, it wasn't that long ago where coaches got the entire term of their contract and sometimes produce a winning season 4 or 5 years in when some progress, like better recruiting is seen. It's complex for sure and made more so in today's fast food mentality era.

instant gratification? Maybe, but recruiting is diminishing because we can't win. I hope he actually opens the playbook in the next game (if he has one?). All our play fit on the recruiting napkin Skippy left with the names of those 8 players.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181

It wasn't a blow out where the team was truly embarrassed. And while it's the norm to fire coaches after 3 seasons of failure, it wasn't that long ago where coaches got the entire term of their contract and sometimes produce a winning season 4 or 5 years in when some progress, like better recruiting is seen. It's complex for sure and made more so in today's fast food mentality era.

the offense sucks and cwt only has himself to blame. I know I'd be open to giving him more time if I honestly thought he'd improve things offensively. 28 games later and the offense still is awful and the play calling is even worse. 

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

The thing is there are no more excuses he has his players here he's tried his system for 3 years and it's crap the best part of our team he has NOTHING to do with:  Our defense.he's a great recruiter but a terrible play caller. Get over yourself and stop calling the plays. QF showed he can pass the ball at least with average competence so ride that and stop driving our offense into the ground. The guy has talent and has no idea how to use it. I'm done with this offense, with this coach, the players and fans deserve INFINTELY BETTER

QF can't pass his way out of a paper bag.  Average competence as you mention would be a huge improvement.  Do you watch the other 127 teams in FBS?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

What reason would there be to fire him unless you had a potential replacement available? I mean he still gets paid.

I am not a fan of Taggart. The first game of his career at USF would have been a good time to fire him - that was frankly inexcusable. But at this point we seem to be taking strides. Give him to end of season - what is worst could happen?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008

qf is only doing what coach t says. it's a joke. anyone on here who has had their manager set them up for failure knows. 

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

qf is only doing what coach t says. it's a joke. anyone on here who has had their manager set them up for failure knows. 

I guess his manager told him to overthrow / miss the open receivers  

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  118
  • Days Won:  0

I would bail Leavitt out of jail if he killed the kid. 

The spiral since his dismissal is just comical. Embarrassing. IT HAS TO END. Put the shovel down already, USF. You've already hit bottom!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

I guess his manager told him to overthrow / miss the open receivers  

QB's are rarely 100%. He was 17/26. The adonis on the other side was 20/33. What held the offense back tonight was the play calling (field position didn't help) and CWT owned up to it .... Let's see if he does anything about it. Should have been throwing more earlier ...

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

CWT hand picked QF to be his QB, he is doing what he thinks is giving QF the best opportunity to win. He sees QF throw everyday in practice and basically knows he will be picked so he calls almost all his plays to be behind the line of scrimmage. It's on CWT but not for the reason most are blaming him for...