• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF will win or at least cover

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Back when Bodog was hopping, I would always put a little bit on my favorite teams to lose straight up. My rationale was, if we win, I'm happy, if we lose, I at least get the comfort of some money in my pocket. A friend of mine turned me onto this strategy by saying one day, "In an alternate universe, if some guy walked up to you on the street and said he could guarantee a victory for $50, would you pay him?" 

Pretty sure they are now Bovada.  Placed a wager on the game as well - just not as much as you.  Got in at 8.5 points.  Simple math.  They average over 40, we average 17.  Hope I'm wrong but obviously don't expect a win tonight.  

I was hoping for 8.5, as I hate round numbers.  But it's pretty hard to get a push on 9.  I'm a little nervous, as you never know which teams will show up under the lights, of if we're down 21, and get a few garbage TD in very late.  Kids don't care about spreads.

But, Memphis is trying to get into the Top 25, and as an AAC team, you get there by BLOWING out teams, so I suspect that's also a Memphis goal ("No offense, Willie...but we need style points" *throws bomb, up 21 with 7 minutes left*)

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Worst possible result for all parties...

Yup.  as soon as I saw Memphis trying to grind clock, I knew I was toast.  It's hard to pull against the late TD, as it was not really a garbage TD, in that we scored with enough time to possibly win.  But at the end, I was like, "Hey, if we're not going to score, at least throw a pick 6!". 

Losing sucks.  dropping $500 hurts, and I won't likely do that again anytime soon.  I had another good day with stocks today (UWTI), so that helps...but it would have been nice to take SOME comfort from this loss.

I do wonder if momentum wise, this helps the players gain confidence headed into the homecoming game v Syracuse.  I wonder if Taggart realizes that mixing in the pass can work, and that Flowers SHOULD get better the more he passes, and play action RULES.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

As long as we're 80-20 run-pass, play action is going to be the key.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

Betting against your team is stupid. Sure you will win sometimes but you could easily do that on a different game.  I've learned too that when a line looks wrong Vegas is usually smarter than the average better. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,614
  • Days Won:  51

Betting against your team is stupid. Sure you will win sometimes but you could easily do that on a different game.  I've learned too that when a line looks wrong Vegas is usually smarter than the average better. 

amen brother, as much as hate how crappy we are I never bet against us.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,589
  • Days Won:  424

How the **** does Vegas know this ****??