• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I Am Responsible for The State of USF Football

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Grab a frosty beverage and roll up a fat J and let me tell you the tale of the last USF football game I attended. I was a young buck with my beautiful wife in tow and child in utero; doing my duty as a Bulls fan and starting them early... really early.  It was a muggy September night, the view of the Tampa skyline from the 300 level of RayJay was the backdrop for a showdown between Skippy's USF Bulls and an overmatched WKU squad coached by none other that a young Willie Taggart.

The game was uncomfortably close as the Hilltoppers were led by a talented young back by the name of Bobby Rainey who in conjunction with an agile QB, kept the Hilltoppers close for all of 3 quarters.

At halftime, I was executing my duties as a dad to be and securing all of the food and a frosty non alcoholic beverage from the closest kiosk to satiate my 7 months pregnant wife.

That's when I came across The Cup. It was cleverly branded with awesome colors and a catchy slogan. I liked it. I liked that team. I liked Skip Holtz, especially after he took us in to victory over Clemson later that year. However, in hindsight I have come to realize that The Cup signifies all that is and was wrong with USF Football. I am thoroughly convinced that some how, some bad juju was transferred into The Cup by the unholy co-occupation of the same astro-plane-space time continuum by Holtz and Taggart that evening at RayJay. It is the only logical explaination.

Thus, I shall destroy the cup and restore order to the universe. My sincere apologies for the last 5 years.

George

20150926_211616.jpg

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

You went to a game with your beautiful wife in tow AND you were pregnant?

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

I too have a cup.

I have retained it to use as a scoop for my dog's food.  Perhaps in aiding in the bad juju hanging over the program.

I can join you in a simultaneous destruction ceremony

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Please provide photo of the remains so we can all see that the curse you created is finally over. 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

Everyone who has a cup should bring it to an event where a bus runs over them! Recorded and put on YouTube to let the world know the curse has been lifted.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

You all need to load up any left over cups into a bus then set it on fire....when all that is left is a pile of ash...then and only then, may the healing start 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,983
  • Days Won:  12

I have that cup. Will also destroy mine tomorrow. 

Btw, LRS died right after Notre Dame game, which happened to be our last big win. Curse must be broken people. 

• Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

Wow, how crazy.  I actually came across that cup last Sunday and thought the same thing.  I stepped on it and threw it in the trash.  I thought to myself, "A holtz new era my ass!" as I stomped on it.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,200
  • Days Won:  2

You all need to load up any left over cups into a bus then set it on fire....when all that is left is a pile of ash...then and only then, may the healing start 

Yes the bus and cup together must be destroyed together