• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It was closer than last week!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,254
  • Days Won:  1

We might be lucky to get 4 wins with the way we have played in the last 2 games. also Willie will need 6 to be brought back as it looks like Harlan and Willie are not on good terms after the ybor situation and lack of progress with the team

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

I say if SB comes in and does well then we still can. If QF continues starting and does more of the same then I say we are done. If SB gets a legit shot and doesn't do well...we are done.

Neither one is a legitimate QB. Can only hope Woulard is as good as advertised.

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

This was two teams trying as hard as possible to lose. USF was better at it. 

I feel we regressed from the FSU game.

we had fsu hangover

cwt cat motivate these players and is terrible at calling players

decision to take flowers out was dumb

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Meow what do you mean by cat motivate?

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

I say if SB comes in and does well then we still can. If QF continues starting and does more of the same then I say we are done. If SB gets a legit shot and doesn't do well...we are done.

Simple Tagg won't give him a legit shot.  It means SB practicing with the 1st team and against the 1st team defense the week prior to the game, it means starting with SB and riding with him to the end of the game, like Edsall did with his starter.  That makes to much sense and can't be comprehended by those with simple minds.  

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Is it possible that USF wakes up in conference play? I suppose so. While Taggart retains play-calling duties, I just don't see us waking up.

So I am one of the people who felt we had turned the corner.  I don't look at outcomes, I based my thoughts on the way in which the team was playing -- both in the practices I saw, plus the first two games.

Some things to consider:

1 - We really missed Auggie Sanchez in the first half.  The defense played a lot better in the 2nd half, despite being on the field way to much.  This is because we had Auggie back as the captain.  Tom Allen needs to get some of the other LBs ready to step in... I never heard Harris name called... and I saw Whitehurst take bad angles and fail to wrap up on several occasions.  Heck, Danny Thomas played again -- our LB corps is Auggie and no one else.

2 - CWT calls plays worse than the CPU in a game of Tecmo Bowl.  He called five or six (maybe more) WR screen passes... NONE OF THEM WORKED.  Flowers only threw one into the dirt, but the others either the WR dropped the pass, or was tackled behind the line, or there was a holding call on the TE (Price).  This play needs to be removed from the playbook.  Plus when the Defense is putting nine men in the box and you STILL run the ball, it shows you are a complete idiot.

3 - The OL seems to have regressed.  In the first two games, they did well opening holes and giving some protection.  Yesterday, Flowers was running for his life way too many times and the RBs could not get any holes on a consistent basis.  The two longest runs 26 and 17 yards were by Flowers and Bench respectively.

If this team shows up the rest of the year, USF will be lucky to win a single game - and CWT will be fired before the end of the season.  (Put Hope as the interim head coach.)

However, if the coaches can correct things during the bye week -- and I would say that's a 50-50 concept -- then we can right this ship and still get to a bowl game.

Memphis and Navy are definite losses. Temple and Cincinnati are likely losses (would be definite if they were on the road)  Syracuse, SMU, U Conn, and ECU are tossups.  UCF might be the only team in the conference that is worse than USF right now -- and when they get Holman back, they might be even.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,683
  • Days Won:  108

So I am one of the people who felt we had turned the corner.  I don't look at outcomes, I based my thoughts on the way in which the team was playing -- both in the practices I saw, plus the first two games.

Some things to consider:

1 - We really missed Auggie Sanchez in the first half.  The defense played a lot better in the 2nd half, despite being on the field way to much.  This is because we had Auggie back as the captain.  Tom Allen needs to get some of the other LBs ready to step in... I never heard Harris name called... and I saw Whitehurst take bad angles and fail to wrap up on several occasions.  Heck, Danny Thomas played again -- our LB corps is Auggie and no one else.

2 - CWT calls plays worse than the CPU in a game of Tecmo Bowl.  He called five or six (maybe more) WR screen passes... NONE OF THEM WORKED.  Flowers only threw one into the dirt, but the others either the WR dropped the pass, or was tackled behind the line, or there was a holding call on the TE (Price).  This play needs to be removed from the playbook.  Plus when the Defense is putting nine men in the box and you STILL run the ball, it shows you are a complete idiot.

3 - The OL seems to have regressed.  In the first two games, they did well opening holes and giving some protection.  Yesterday, Flowers was running for his life way too many times and the RBs could not get any holes on a consistent basis.  The two longest runs 26 and 17 yards were by Flowers and Bench respectively.

If this team shows up the rest of the year, USF will be lucky to win a single game - and CWT will be fired before the end of the season.  (Put Hope as the interim head coach.)

However, if the coaches can correct things during the bye week -- and I would say that's a 50-50 concept -- then we can right this ship and still get to a bowl game.

Memphis and Navy are definite losses. Temple and Cincinnati are likely losses (would be definite if they were on the road)  Syracuse, SMU, U Conn, and ECU are tossups.  UCF might be the only team in the conference that is worse than USF right now -- and when they get Holman back, they might be even.

I think one explains the other.  Agree with most of what you said but hard to blame the Oline for the running game if they are putting 8 or 9 in the box.

Yeah... but the OL showed problems in pass protection that weren't there against FSU.  Is the Maryland DL that much better? I don't think so.

Oh... and I forgot to add... Tom Allen didn't call a blitz for most of the first half... the first blitz I saw was Jamie Byrd on the "option" where the RB picked up the fumbled pitch and scored the TD.  If he DIDN'T blitz on that play, Byrd might have been in a better position to stop the RB.