• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MD need to stop run not worried about QF throwing

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

IMO, which some share.

It is not about QF making redshirt freshman mistakes.  It is his general mechanics that concern me.  If he remains our QB, I am sure he will get better at many things.  However, he simply does not seem to display the natural passing ability I would expect.    

Sorry if that seems unreasonable or hurts someone's feelings.  In the end, I hope he proves me wrong and we win the conference.  

you must have been one of those fans who wanted Floyd to play instead of daniels. I remember them making the same arguments. Floyd is a natural passer. He can play QB. BJ Daniels is just a RB playing QB. he doesn't pass as well.

...and it happened.  My bad. 

why would you think my feelings were hurt? I'm just trying to get delusional Bulls fans to be realistic about a QB in his 4th start of his career. I just find it idiotic how some people on here treat our starting QB. acting like he should be a heisman contender that can make every throw every time.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  88
  • Days Won:  0

IMO, which some share.

It is not about QF making redshirt freshman mistakes.  It is his general mechanics that concern me.  If he remains our QB, I am sure he will get better at many things.  However, he simply does not seem to display the natural passing ability I would expect.    

Sorry if that seems unreasonable or hurts someone's feelings.  In the end, I hope he proves me wrong and we win the conference.  

There are a lot of throws he simply can't make.

IMO, which some share.

you must have been one of those fans who wanted Floyd to play instead of daniels. I remember them making the same arguments. Floyd is a natural passer. He can play QB. BJ Daniels is just a RB playing QB. he doesn't pass as well.

...and it happened.  My bad. 

Give it a minute. He's going to start into the usual, "Obviously, you know nothing about football..." part of his hurt.

Edit: Sorry, I missed it a few posts back when he compared QF to Philip Rivers.

where did I compare him to Rivers? I said Rivers has terrible mechanics which he does. who cares?

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

We're not talking about a top 10 team this week. We're talking about a team that got blown out by Bowling Green last week.

yeah and the game hasn't been played yet so maybe give the kid a break. It's get old hearing people ***** about a QB with 3 starts under his belt.

obviously his strength is running the ball but it's also obvious that he can do enough damage through the air to keep defenses honest. is he going to miss on some throws?

absolutely. every single QB in college and even in the pros will miss some throws. does he have things he can improve on? absolutely. He has time to get better.

anyone thinking he was going to come in and start this year and contend for the heisman is delusional. anyone thinking that Bench is somehow a better option hasn't watched much USF football these last 3 years.

Hyperbole aside, you make a good point, and I agree with you.  I'm all about giving QF every opportunity to be the man for this team moving forward.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

BJ Daniels was a much better passer than QF will ever be.

and once again you talk about the future in certain terms.

• Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

BJ Daniels, had a better O-Line, experienced WR core, and (oh yeah) quite a few more games under his belt.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

ok Is this better BJ was never as bad of a passer at USF than QF is now. It's not even close.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

BJ Daniels once threw for 300 yards and ran for 100 yards in the same game against Louisville. One of only a couple dozen players in college football history that ever did that at any level. He was often derided as an "athlete playing QB" by many on here. There are still some who will post here saying the same thing. Any revisionist history about what people thought of BJD should be rejected.

Once again, this is college football, not the pros. Guys need not throw like either Manning to be successful. We'll see if QF can become a good college QB.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

ok Is this better BJ was never as bad of a passer at USF than QF is now. It's not even close.

Well played.