• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MD need to stop run not worried about QF throwing

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

do you guys ever get tired of ********?

The kid has 3 starts in his entire career here. He is essentially a red shirt freshman. what do you expect? a heisman candidate after 3 starts?

he has a 60% completion percentage this year with 4 TDs and 2 picks. he's also averaging nearly 5 yards per carry.

only delusional Bulls fans would expect essentially a red shirt freshman QB to lead their team to victory over a top 10 team on the road.

+1

They are among us!

The kid has 3 starts in his entire career here. He is essentially a red shirt freshman. what do you expect? a heisman candidate after 3 starts?

he has a 60% completion percentage this year with 4 TDs and 2 picks. he's also averaging nearly 5 yards per carry.

only delusional Bulls fans would expect essentially a red shirt freshman QB to lead their team to victory over a top 10 team on the road.

Watching Texas A and M play their young back up QB, a top recruit who never lost a high school game and won 3 state championships, and seeing how dismal he looked attempting passes; Seeing the young Oregon QB against Michigan State, Flowers performance looks on par for an inexperienced QB.

I think Quinton is a baller. I like QBs who can extend plays and make something happen when a play breaks down. He is only going to get better. he will have his ups and downs but

I think he has potential which is more than I can say for our last 4 or so QBs.

To be fair, we did all say they same things about the last four as well.  In recent memory, White was labeled our Savior after the Houston game I believe.   

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that to beat us you must stop the run.

Rocket scientist will not be able to understand the love fest for the backup QB at USF.

Rocket scientist understands the physics behind a spiral, though.

• Upvote 1

IMO, which some share.

It is not about QF making redshirt freshman mistakes.  It is his general mechanics that concern me.  If he remains our QB, I am sure he will get better at many things.  However, he simply does not seem to display the natural passing ability I would expect.    

Sorry if that seems unreasonable or hurts someone's feelings.  In the end, I hope he proves me wrong and we win the conference.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Watching Texas A and M play their young back up QB, a top recruit who never lost a high school game and won 3 state championships, and seeing how dismal he looked attempting passes; Seeing the young Oregon QB against Michigan State, Flowers performance looks on par for an inexperienced QB.

I think Quinton is a baller. I like QBs who can extend plays and make something happen when a play breaks down. He is only going to get better. he will have his ups and downs but

To be fair, we did all say they same things about the last four as well.  In recent memory, White was labeled our Savior after the Houston game I believe.   

that was by floridasportsfan who knows almost nothing about college football. I'm not sure anyone said it about Floyd after they actually saw him play. of course there was a loud contingent of dopes that actually wanted him to start ahead of BJ Daniels because he was a passer not just a RB playing QB. Same thing for Eveld. Bench was never a very good passer in college or high school and was only a decent runner in high school. I think it was obvious early on that he wasn't the answer. White showed flashes and was given every opportunity.

Edited by Bull94

IMO, which some share.

It is not about QF making redshirt freshman mistakes.  It is his general mechanics that concern me.  If he remains our QB, I am sure he will get better at many things.  However, he simply does not seem to display the natural passing ability I would expect.    

Sorry if that seems unreasonable or hurts someone's feelings.  In the end, I hope he proves me wrong and we win the conference.  

his mechanics?? really?? Have you seen Philip Rivers throw a football? or matthew stafford? terrible mechanics. who cares?Grothe floated the ball more than once. Daniels had no touch according to people on here. very few college QBs in the country have great mechanics. if you think we are going to pick up some 5 star QB who has had QB coaches his entire life then you better think again. Most of our talent will come in raw and will need to be refined. it takes time. certainly more than 2 games into his 2nd year.

Hell did you see the 5th year senior QB that the #10 team in the country trotted out last week? That guy has terrible mechanics. I thought Flowers out played him and honestly i'd rather have Flowers back there leading our offense. he looked more confident and made things happen when the plays broke down.

IMO, which some share.

you must have been one of those fans who wanted Floyd to play instead of daniels. I remember them making the same arguments. Floyd is a natural passer. He can play QB. BJ Daniels is just a RB playing QB. he doesn't pass as well.

IMO, which some share.

you must have been one of those fans who wanted Floyd to play instead of daniels. I remember them making the same arguments. Floyd is a natural passer. He can play QB. BJ Daniels is just a RB playing QB. he doesn't pass as well.

...and it happened.  My bad. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

IMO, which some share.

...and it happened.  My bad. 

Give it a minute. He's going to start into the usual, "Obviously, you know nothing about football..." part of his hurt.

Edit: Sorry, I missed it a few posts back when he compared QF to Philip Rivers.

Edited by JTrue

• Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

I agree. Let's not forget that his TE quit on the jump ball to the endzone. Our WRs were going against 4-5 star corners and safeties which didn't help. Flowers throws a decent ball to roll with as out QB. 

It's funny how when we played FAMU, most of the people said he only passed well because they suck.

Go open and QF will get them the ball. We will be just fine tomorrow and I bet we will surprise many people again. Our defense will give us some short fields to work with and I think we run over the turtles.

Can we a defensive score though?!?!?!?!