• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I don't care what the scoreboard says...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Overall, I agree with most of the posts in this thread.

Compared to the last four years the team played with passion and discipline.  Unfortunately the penalty against Augie was a bad one.  He is the captain of the defense, their play caller, and he was missed when he was ejected.  If I remember correctly we had two or three penalties overall.  A far cry from what we have had in the past.

The first half was a brawl and exciting to watch.

Considering what we have had the past few years, our defense has improved remarkably.  The offense still needs some work and QF needs to work on his throwing mechanics more.  His elusiveness though reminds me of BJ and Matt.

The main problem we had is having to deal with Cook.  He is a beast.  Without him in the game I think we would win (or have a decent chance at winning).  

As I said above, losing Sanchez hurt.  He is the backbone of the defense.  The most senior lineman as well as captain of the defense.

I felt the defense played much better than in previous years and reminds me a little bit of the old USF teams.  DC Allen is a blessing.  I love watching him on the sidelines.  He reminds me a bit of Leavitt in his intensity.

I am beginning to look forward to this season now.

I'd be in favor right now of replacing CWT with Allen and letting Reaves and Kinnan run the offense.

I would be in favor of this as well

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  103
  • Days Won:  0

If aikens catches that ball in the 4th qtr on 3rd and 7 it's a totally different game. That drop was unacceptable. Hopefully that puts him at the end of the wr rotation.

Other than that considering we were down 2-4 lb's it was a great game by usf!

For once I can go about my Saturday without a disgusted feeling about my school!

Aikens drops one, and you put him at the end of the wr rotation. QF missed at least a half dozen wide open receivers, doesn't even get the ball close. Where does that put him in the rotation?

It's really pick your poison with out QB choices. Flowers is not accurate, but he was shifty, and got out of 4-5 sure sacks. Bench is accurate, but he is not as shifty and more prone to duck down and take a sack. All in all if be fine with either.

Looking at our situation from a top level it is looking pretty great- should get 6+ wins this year including rivalry game with UCF, then we are set up for next year with Woulard at the helm. Team is young and looking dangerous.

Only worry we have is when a p5 team poaches Allen at the end of the season.

Edited by 12inchtaint!

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  725

The love for the Bench is strange here on thebullspen

If only we had a QB with a sub 50% completion rate and 6:5 TD to INT ratio to come in and save the passing game.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

If aikens catches that ball in the 4th qtr on 3rd and 7 it's a totally different game. That drop was unacceptable. Hopefully that puts him at the end of the wr rotation.

For once I can go about my Saturday without a disgusted feeling about my school!

Aikens drops one, and you put him at the end of the wr rotation. QF missed at least a half dozen wide open receivers, doesn't even get the ball close. Where does that put him in the rotation?

+1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I thought that would leave  you speechless.  :)

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

An average, at best, qb needs help from the people around him. QF did not get that today.

FSU didn't do much until Sanchez was ejected, so I think we'll be ok in conference.

GO BULLS! See ya'll in Maryland!

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

I don't really understand the CWT hate. He's a quite storm. How dare you talk of taking all of his hard work and just passing what I believe to be a soon to be great team to a guy with more flare.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  103

I thought that would leave you speechless. :)

Lol I am on my phone. I edited the post. But you have to admit, that drop was horrendous. At WR at least we have options. Plays like that one were the norm last 3 years, gotta make an example of him.

• Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

I agree that this team has potential to do some big things in the AAC, however, Flowers has to become more consistent, defense has to remain gap disciplined, and the secondary has to clean up a few errors, all can be corrected with film study and reps. Things are looking up!