• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart bans players from Ybor; Harlan then retracts on CWT's behalf

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

I was NOT hating on the coach, I even stated I understand the Banned from Ybor statement. (I would had done it in a team meeting behind closed doors to not offend any donors(Columbia or whoever that may have been offended). Def not in an interview or to the press. Only reason I mentioned the other was, it also occurred today. As for not knowing the history of FSU vs USF(when we are only talking two games). I Get he has a lot on his plate, but one would think that before you do an interview about an upcoming opponent, you would get some briefing or knowledge prior to the interview. I would assume there may questions asked about the two past games. Would it had been better if I Said he spoke as if he were unprepared for the interview? Anyone who has been here for a while knows there has been numerous threads about the coach talk. Nothing more. Not hating only stating facts. Now if they are perceived ashurtful, that's on him or to those who find them hurtful. It was not what I was going for here. Believe me Im def vocal and own up to my displeasures(See Skip Holtz comments from the past)

So it's not possible that the loss and emotion of a kid that he had coached for 2 years suddenly dieing in the fashion that Kino died may have jarred his memory? I've lost some people that I was close with that for the next few days I couldn't tell you where I was the previous week. He didn't coach either FSU game and has a lot on his plate; could be he just honestly doesn't remember.

Have to agree with others; no need to bring that up in this discussion.

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Anything is possible

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

Willie did what is right, he told his players they have no business down there. I stand with Taggart 100%.

Once again the USF program, as little as it is, feels the pull from a donor it relies on and makes a decision against its coach.

The guy just took both basketball teams to Spain. His business is in that part of the city. I understand him being upset at Tag's remarks. Not saying Harlan couldn't have had Tags recant but understand trying to keep a big donor happy. There are not many around these days.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

At what cost?

I'd like to see Harlan end any conversation he has with Ybor City business owners with: Thank you, and I understand. Now, please go to Mr. Watson's gofundme.com account, and help this family.

Exactly. No one's money is worth selling off someone else or one's own integrity. Unfortunately, Harlan just showed he can be bought. Haven't even had the service yet and we're worried about someone's business and their money? RIP53

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

@TBTimes_Bulls: BREAKING: Columbia restaurant prez Richard Gonzmart tells our @cljohnst he was disappointed to hear of Taggart's comments & emailed Harlan

@TBTimes_Bulls: Gonzmart said he took "offense that he’s blaming Ybor City as a whole" when many businesses provide services to customers in a safe setting

@TBTimes_Bulls: Per the Bulls Club website, Gonzmart is a board member. Also regular attender of USF sporting events. Long history with school

Edited by NewEnglandBull

We're already sad, and this? Wow.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Torn as well. I understand the "banned from Ybor by Coach T" , BUT you cant or shouldn't alienate a part of the city in which you play in(esp where we have some Big donors like the Columbia). Coach T seems to find himself making statements that look silly or should not been mentioned in public.(ban the players but do so in private). There has been numerous times many on here have commented on his comments. Side note , just listened to the audio from the coach interview from earlier today and again he misspoke. He was asked about the last time we played FSU, He couldn't tell the reporter the last time we played them, and when he did try to answer, he was wrong.( he said we last played them in Tally but was unsure of the year) We last played them here just and FYI. Not hating on the coach here, but one would think that he would know when we played FSU last.

Your entire post is a criticism of the coach. That's pretty much the definition of "hating" on him.
Since when is being critical being hateful. You CAN be hateful in critique, but they aren't tethered.
Bad choice of words on my part. None of that post was constructive criticism, it was all "hating" on CWT.

I don't hate Coach T, and I don't think constructive criticism is all this board is for. But just because I say things I don't like doesn't mean I'm hating on him. I didn't dislike Holtz, but I HATED a lot of the things he did here. There's a difference.

Sometimes, we vent about things we don't like or don't think are going well.

As to the FSU history comment, if I was the coach, I'm sure I'd know a little about the 2 game history, especially since the win was a huge win for the program. That said, those games pre-date Taggart, and I'm quite sure he's more focused on what THIS team needs to do to win this game Saturday. So, that's not something I'd even mention, as it matters not, IMO.

I don't disagree with anything you said, but it wasn't your post. His listed things he doesn't like about CWT (most of them ridiculous) and ended with, "but I'm not hating on the coach."

Understood...kinda like the classic, "No offense, but [fill in insult}"

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

At what cost?

I don't see this as a huge problem.  Let's talk hypothetical here.  I'm the AD, I have an upset big donor.  I make a statement that makes him happy.  I then tell the coach to have a private conversation with the team.  Not saying this will happen, but it pretty much makes everyone happy.  

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Great. Next thing you know, the players won't be allowed to pick up tranny hookers and blow on Nebraska or blow half their stipends on North Dale.

This could have happened anywhere is right. Wasn't Jaleel Cousins robbed at gunpoint just across the street from campus?

Sitting in his car in the wee hours.  Yes, there's a common theme.  You don't swim where you know the sharks are feeding.