• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FSU point spread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Take FSU and lay the points. Our offense will end up giving FSU a few short fields when we're forced to be a pass first offense. I think This game is "over" by halftime.

we cover easily.

I think our d-line feasts on their inexperienced o-line. 9 total starts coming into this year and they gave up 2 sacks to texas state.

their d-line didn't look all that impressive either getting just 1 sack and 2 hurries on a team that threw 42 times.

in the end I think we win or battle close in the trenches and easily cover 28.5

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Here is the problem they are young but we are also. Our Dline does have some experience so hopefully we can disrupt their offense.

I do think we cover for sure but with the death I'm not sure how the team has taken that.

Remember Cincy had a death on the team and we beat them that first year.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  0

It's going to be a long day in Tallahassee... the USF defense is significantly better than Texas State... who managed to force a couple of three-and-outs early in the game.  (Florida State had 3 touchdowns and 3 punts in the first half, plus a muffed punt that lead to TSU's only touchdown)

The real issue is how well USF can move the ball.  There were a few series where FAMU was able to stop the USF running game.  It wasn't until Flowers started throwing -- or rather it wasn't until CWT called passing plays -- that USF was able to capitalize on some runs.

USF is going to be pumped for this game... but I don't think the talent is there to pull off the upset.

That said, FSU will win - and the game may never be in doubt - but I'd put the margin around 17... and I'd say the the over/under for the game might be 30-35.

Straight up football, FSU wins. No way around that.

BUT...

USF is no normal football program. We pull upsets... It's been a long time and we are overdue for an upset.

It certainly would be a signature win for CWT and Co.

What we need is crazy football and all bets are off if that happens!

When CJL was around...

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Yeah all the rampant optimism on here is hilarious. Remember our last game prior to FAMU was getting shut out by UCiF at home. We endured the largest loss by a I-A team to a I-AA team in history the season prior. I'll be happy if we don't lose by the spread.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Not even close to the most talented team we have faced.

FSU is #126 in the country for 2 deep returning players this year. only two teams have less returning from their 2 deep.

their offensive line had 9 career starts combined before this year. that ranks #127 in the country

they are replacing a ton of players from their 2 deep last year. sure they are talented but they are very inexperienced. we are very athletic and also talented. I think it will be a fight for them.

It's obvious most people on here have no idea what they are talking about.

http://philsteele.com/Blogs/2015/JUNE15/DBJune15.html

Great research and I certainly hope you're right.  My head is telling my heart not to be this optimistic and my heart always tended to rule when CJL was at the helm.  CJL probably had that affect on his teams too and I haven't seen the same effect from Taggart.  But the game must be played to see if you are correct or many of the others, which includes me.  I hope I can eat crow as I haven't any in awhile with CWT leading the Bulls.

Edited by hbryan

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Yeah all the rampant optimism on here is hilarious. Remember our last game prior to FAMU was getting shut out by UCiF at home. We endured the largest loss by a I-A team to a I-AA team in history the season prior. I'll be happy if we don't lose by the spread.

you do realize that nobody fields the same team year after year in college football right?

Alabama won 12 straight 2 games after losing to Louisianna-Monroe and finishing 6-6.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

you do realize that nobody fields the same team year after year in college football right?

Alabama won 12 straight 2 games after losing to Louisianna-Monroe and finishing 6-6.

Great comparison. One of the most storied programs in college football coming off of heavy probation turning their team around with college football's (arguably) best coach and 11 future NFL starters.

Do I think all hope is lost? No, I think FSU doesn't cover. But 6-6 would be a godsend right now for this program. To expect us to go from 4-8 to beating a top 10 team on the road because of a few changes and a beat down of a bad I-AA program is asinine.

• Upvote 1

Past performance is not an indication of future results... which for college football means you can't judge a team ONLY by last year's results.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Past performance is not an indication of future results... which for college football means you can't judge a team ONLY by last year's results.

What? This is ridiculous. Yes you can. What about 4 years of results? How many teams have overcome 4 losing seasons to knock off a top 10 team on the road?

I believe we're going to be better this year, I just don't expect us to be a team that struggles and goes 1-4 to end the year over to a team that knocks off a top ten team in a matter of 10 months

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

By your rationale, you can't judge a team based off of ANY results. You can't even make a starting lineup based on practice.

• Upvote 1