• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FSU point spread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

I guarantee you we will be competitive in this game.  I'm not predicting a win.  I'm not saying FSU won't pull away in 4th, but I am guaranteeing that we will be competitive, number 1, and secondly FSU will not just roll for 4 quarters like many of you believe.  Our players have pride and are very hungry.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

I guarantee you we will be competitive in this game.  I'm not predicting a win.  I'm not saying FSU won't pull away in 4th, but I am guaranteeing that we will be competitive, number 1, and secondly FSU will not just roll for 4 quarters like many of you believe.  Our players have pride and are very hungry.

What I would give to have those thoughts again...

FSU has better players all over the field against us. I don't disagree that we won't be competitive for a small period of time, but pride and hunger won't displace the huge gap in talent. Plus, we are still really young. The FAMU game tells me nothing going into this game which is probably where a lot of the optimism is coming from right now. Showed me we are better than last year which most of us probably strongly believed would be the case, but FSU @ FSU is another animal.

Hope they go up there and get their money's worth, but I still think FSU does whatever they want on both sides of the ball. Quinton's not going to be able to scramble around behind the line of scrimmage for minutes at a time (exaggeration) against FSU, Our D-line is not going to absolutely wreck FSU's Oline like we did FAMU, going to be facing a legitimate QB with weapons for days surrounding him, and it would be foolish to think they're not being reminded about what we did to them in 2009 so they're going to be fired up and getting after it. 

Hopeful, but realistically know what to expect. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

Since when did we become so defeated. This team has heart and drive. They even have a little swag, I refuse to believe they're going to go on the field and lay down. The same noise most of you are talking is the same thing they said when we played Auburn at Auburn, Notre Dame, FSU the first time. There's a reason we play the game. Our worst teams have hung with some of the best, so even if this team is as bad as some of you say, I know they will still exceed expectations.

Step off the ledge my people, I know it's been a rough stretch, but I'm telling you we CAN beat them. They are only human and all the accolades in the world can't prepare you for going head to head with a raging bull.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

The same noise most of you are talking is the same thing they said when we played Auburn at Auburn, Notre Dame, FSU the first time. 

Great games, and I hope Saturday is similar. However, there is a bit of a difference between those games, and this one. This FSU team will probably the most talented team USF has ever played against, and sadly, this is not the most talented team USF has ever fielded. I'm very excited for Saturday. I hope we look good and would love for an upset and to be proven wrong, especially considering the **** talk I've engaged in, and the money I've already wagered. But I don't really think that's the case this time.

Either way, we get to watch our team take on a national powerhouse on national TV. Doesn't get much better than that during football season.

However, I do remember the Ville in 2005. Probably the most outmatched we've ever been and we laid the friggin wood.

Edited by theman123

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Not even close to the most talented team we have faced.

FSU is #126 in the country for 2 deep returning players this year. only two teams have less returning from their 2 deep.

their offensive line had 9 career starts combined before this year. that ranks #127 in the country

they are replacing a ton of players from their 2 deep last year. sure they are talented but they are very inexperienced. we are very athletic and also talented. I think it will be a fight for them.

It's obvious most people on here have no idea what they are talking about.

http://philsteele.com/Blogs/2015/JUNE15/DBJune15.html

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

I see what you're basing it off of, talent lost. But this is a national championship caliber team that is replacing the talent lost with several back to back top 5 recruiting classes while being lead by a top tier coach.

I'd say it's very close between them and WVU in 2007, but that's about it. And I would choose the team that has been to back-to-back titles over a Rich Rod lead Big East team.

In the CWT Era 4 losses of 28 or greater all at home:

2013 McNeese State 53-21 (-32)

2013 Miami Hurricanes 49-21 (-28)

2013 Louisville Cardinals 34-3 (-31)

2014 NC State Wolfpack 49-17 (-32)

I think 28.5 is too large and USF will cover. Think Wisconsin and Michigan State. Defense has not been the issue the offense has been the problem.

FSU is better than those teams.  Still, I'm hoping we keep it close, and somehow make some big plays early to put pressure on FSU & keep the fans quiet.

And much deeper. I think our defense will be gassed, since I'm thinking our offense will experience lots of 3-and-outs.

FSU is not better or deeper than Wisconsin last year... they are going to struggle a few times this year, and likely won't finish in the Top 25. I see 8-4 for the Noles... (with USF likely one of the 8 wins).

They played more freshmen and reshirt freshman (23) last week than USF did... to show you how young their "depth" is.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Since when did we become so defeated. This team has heart and drive. They even have a little swag, I refuse to believe they're going to go on the field and lay down. The same noise most of you are talking is the same thing they said when we played Auburn at Auburn, Notre Dame, FSU the first time. There's a reason we play the game. Our worst teams have hung with some of the best, so even if this team is as bad as some of you say, I know they will still exceed expectations.

Step off the ledge my people, I know it's been a rough stretch, but I'm telling you we CAN beat them. They are only human and all the accolades in the world can't prepare you for going head to head with a raging bull.

Do you really need to ask that question? Even the most dedicated fans have felt the emotional drain of the last 4 seasons. A little slack may be in order.

But I agree if the right conditions align, we can beat them.

I see what you're basing it off of, talent lost. But this is a national championship caliber team that is replacing the talent lost with several back to back top 5 recruiting classes while being lead by a top tier coach.

I'd say it's very close between them and WVU in 2007, but that's about it. And I would choose the team that has been to back-to-back titles over a Rich Rod lead Big East team.

Michigan State won the Rose Bowl the year we played them.

This isn't the same team that won a title two years ago or even that lost in the playoffs last year. most of those players have been replaced. that's why they are near last in the country for returning players on the two deep. they don't have experience. that's why college football is cyclical.

their offensive line had a total of 9 starts between them coming into this year. think about that for one second.

In the CWT Era 4 losses of 28 or greater all at home:

2013 McNeese State 53-21 (-32)

2013 Miami Hurricanes 49-21 (-28)

2013 Louisville Cardinals 34-3 (-31)

2014 NC State Wolfpack 49-17 (-32)

I think 28.5 is too large and USF will cover. Think Wisconsin and Michigan State. Defense has not been the issue the offense has been the problem.

FSU is better than those teams.  Still, I'm hoping we keep it close, and somehow make some big plays early to put pressure on FSU & keep the fans quiet.

And much deeper. I think our defense will be gassed, since I'm thinking our offense will experience lots of 3-and-outs.

FSU is not better or deeper than Wisconsin last year... they are going to struggle a few times this year, and likely won't finish in the Top 25. I see 8-4 for the Noles... (with USF likely one of the 8 wins).

They played more freshmen and reshirt freshman (23) last week than USF did... to show you how young their "depth" is.

exactly. I think we cover easily.

all the dumb money like floridasportsfan see a 4-8 team on the road against a playoff team from last year and they load up on the home favorite. they don't actually bother with analyzing the teams.

they're lucky their RB didn't get suspended.