• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Then he needs to work on the "air under ball", but the actual arm strength isn't the problem.  Maybe he likes to throw a catchable ball.  I don't know.  But the talent is there.  I thought the 2 TD passes to Johnson had the perfect amount of air under it.  Johnson was wide open.  It was actually better to let him run under it.  Dart not needed in that scenario.  The bad INT that seemed floated, he actually got hit if you re-watch the tape.  There's a time for bullets in traffic, and he wasn't really tested in this area in the game.  

Edited by BullsFanInTX

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

I'm not debating his arm strength, just the fact that he puts too much air under nearly every pass I've seen from him.

Completed 12 of 16 so apparently that wasn't a problem this game. Thought the air on the deeper passes was just right. Will have to wait and see if he's going to need to put more zip on those shorter passes against better athletes starting this weekend.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I'm not debating his arm strength, just the fact that he puts too much air under nearly every pass I've seen from him.

Completed 12 of 16 so apparently that wasn't a problem this game. Thought the air on the deeper passes was just right. Will have to wait and see if he's going to need to put more zip on those shorter passes against better athletes starting this weekend.

You're right, it didn't hurt us this time.  The problem with lofting the ball in a lot of cases, is it gives the defender time to adjust.  It will be a problem against faster DBs.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Played a nice game against soft competition

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

It's not an arm strength issue. It's a release and footwork issue. He keeps working on technique and it will be better. wasn't bad on most throws Saturday.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

You are being melodramatic.  QF can do no wrong.

12 of 16 because nary a defender anywhere near the guys he threw to.  If every defense is like FAMU, we'll be fine.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

Good quarterbacks find holes in the defense and throw to guys who are open. That's the point, if there are defenders around and he has to thread the needle one would assume he would either run or do just that. I don't understandthe argument.

Good quarterbacks find holes in the defense and throw to guys who are open. That's the point, if there are defenders around and he has to thread the needle one would assume he would either run or do just that. I don't understandthe argument.

Great QBs don't require a receiver to be wide open with no defender within 10 yards of him in order to complete the pass.  That is the argument.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Great QBs don't require a receiver to be wide open with no defender within 10 yards of him in order to complete the pass.  That is the argument.

Did someone say Flowers was great?