• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Nigel Harris and Tashon Whitehurst

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

OK... I don't know why anyone who knows this team would think we're thin at that position... Danny Thomas, Josh Black, Juwauan Brown, Nick Holeman... all had excellent springs and are had good fall camps.  Danny Thomas the true freshman was an early enrollee and had a good spring, he is going to play because he is too good to not play.  I'm not sure who's been following but that kid is really really good.  We have quality depth there even with these two guys gone.  This isn't the same roster we had in terms of depth.  These young guys are ready.  He recruited LB heaving in his first three classes and now we're seeing why.  This would have been huge last season... but this season we are set to absorb it.

You're the most optimistic dude here...but on this I agree.  Thomas was the recruit I wanted to commit more than any other.  I think he's going to be a stud, so I'd be cool to see him move into a starter role.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Dont forget it was Josh Black who played last year and not Bayes

Bayes was redshirted. They didn't want him to play last year so above is not really important. 

Havent we had this argument many times on this board? We are not saving people. The best people play. Josh Black was ready and Bayes was not.

Yeah, I think Bayes really needed to bulk up in the weight room. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do this season.

Edit: I just saw BullDozer's post, thus, making mine redundant. Sorry!

Edited by Paisa el Toro

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

It's hard to read emotion well in an article, but coach sounded pretty miffed IMO. If the young guys step up and play well in those first two games, Nigel & Tashon might find themselves as subs. I'm a little worried about Nigel since it's his second strike, but maybe Tashon will wake up.

"...we're not gonna let any of those guys' mistakes stop us from what we're trying to do."

"...those guys have got to work their butt off to come back and play and earn the job back."

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,047
  • Days Won:  469

Late with the release:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

DATE: Aug. 25, 2015

Follow @USFFootball On Twitter

Like USF Football on Facebook

Taggart Announces Suspensions Of Two Bulls

Harris and Whitehurst to sit out the first two games of 2015

TAMPA, AUG. 25, 2015 – Head Football Coach Willie Taggart today announced he has suspended a pair of USF linebackers from the Bulls’ first two games of the 2015 season.

Senior Tashon Whitehurst and junior Nigel Harris will sit out the Bulls’ first two games of the 2015 season vs. Florida A&M (Sept. 5) and at Florida State (Sept. 12). The two-game suspensions come as a consequence of a violation of team rules that occurred during the spring semester.

Follow  @USFFootball on twitter for all the latest information concerning the USF Football program.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

I have no idea what this threads about

Mike going to Western Kentucky.