• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Nigel Harris and Tashon Whitehurst

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

Dont forget it was Josh Black who played last year and not Bayes

Bayes was redshirted. They didn't want him to play last year so above is not really important. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,808

Bayes was redshirted. They didn't want him to play last year so above is not really important. 

Havent we had this argument many times on this board? We are not saving people. The best people play. Josh Black was ready and Bayes was not.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

OK... I don't know why anyone who knows this team would think we're thin at that position... Danny Thomas, Josh Black, Juwauan Brown, Nick Holeman... all had excellent springs and are had good fall camps.  Danny Thomas the true freshman was an early enrollee and had a good spring, he is going to play because he is too good to not play.  I'm not sure who's been following but that kid is really really good.  We have quality depth there even with these two guys gone.  This isn't the same roster we had in terms of depth.  These young guys are ready.  He recruited LB heaving in his first three classes and now we're seeing why.  This would have been huge last season... but this season we are set to absorb it.

I was thinking Thomas and Brown would likely back up Bayes. Black is playing "Bull" or whatever, the hybrid LB/DE spot, and Holman I took to be your stereotypical MLB type, so I'd see him backing up Sanchez before Bayes.

Danny Thomas is listed as Sanchez's backup... the #2 Mike LB... I think the "Stinger" could actually be played by Bayes, Brown, Thomas, and Gary.... It appears Thomas is capable of playing both.  In terms of Black, I saw that he also played both positions in the spring... I think some of these parts are pretty interchangeable.  Except maybe the Mike...  I'm not sure where he's playing.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

OK... I don't know why anyone who knows this team would think we're thin at that position... Danny Thomas, Josh Black, Juwauan Brown, Nick Holeman... all had excellent springs and are had good fall camps.  Danny Thomas the true freshman was an early enrollee and had a good spring, he is going to play because he is too good to not play.  I'm not sure who's been following but that kid is really really good.  We have quality depth there even with these two guys gone.  This isn't the same roster we had in terms of depth.  These young guys are ready.  He recruited LB heaving in his first three classes and now we're seeing why.  This would have been huge last season... but this season we are set to absorb it.

I was thinking Thomas and Brown would likely back up Bayes. Black is playing "Bull" or whatever, the hybrid LB/DE spot, and Holman I took to be your stereotypical MLB type, so I'd see him backing up Sanchez before Bayes.

Danny Thomas is listed as Sanchez's backup... the #2 Mike LB... I think the "Stinger" could actually be played by Bayes, Brown, Thomas, and Gary.... It appears Thomas is capable of playing both.  In terms of Black, I saw that he also played both positions in the spring... I think some of these parts are pretty interchangeable.  Except maybe the Mike...  I'm not sure where he's playing.

He's playing at Western Kentucky this year... :D

• Upvote 1

Havent we had this argument many times on this board? We are not saving people. The best people play. Josh Black was ready and Bayes was not.

So you're telling me there's no way arguably our most prized recruit from 2014 was given a RS year due to the coaches wanting to give him time to bulk up and that the RS didn't have to do with actual football ability?

You may be right if that's your stance, however I think he was given a RS due to his body not being football ready and not due to actual talent...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

So you're telling me there's no way arguably our most prized recruit from 2014 was given a RS year due to the coaches wanting to give him time to bulk up and that the RS didn't have to do with actual football ability?

You may be right if that's your stance, however I think he was given a RS due to his body not being football ready and not due to actual talent...

Looks like you're both saying the same thing .... Bayes wasn't ready.

Looks like you're both saying the same thing .... Bayes wasn't ready.

I guess we are although my point was just because Bayes was RS doesn't mean Black is the more talented, better football player. 

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I have no idea what this threads about

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Bayes was recruited to play LB and was barely 200lbs as an incoming freshman.  He definitely was red-shirted to get his body ready to play LB at this level.  Harris might get "Wally Piped" if he's not careful....

• Upvote 1