• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who's the starting QB?

Who's the starting QB?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

And can we please bring back the pre-kick tune by DJ Khalid???

"All I (Want to) do is Win!!!!!!!"

They stopped a few years ago because all we did was lose.

I agree I don't care who is qb just win.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Closer look at Bench's stats from last year. Maryland he did not start but played the vast majority of the game as White got hurt on the first series. Houston he started. The best games he played were Cincinnati and Memphis, both games where by the time he played we were not likely to come back.

Maybe he's better this year, maybe he's not. Maybe he's better than QF, maybe he's not. However, the idea that CWT has a much better option in Bench but won't play him because of some secret grudge is silly to me.

Maryland

14/36

4th - 1/6 1 INT, 1 intentional grounding, 1 completion called back due to penalty

Cincinnati (Almost all second half)

9/14 2 TDs

Houston (started)

12/25 147 1 INT

4th 5/11 1 INT

Memphis (almost all in 4th quarter)

6/11 57 1TD

UCF

7/13 88 yards (took a bad sack at the UCF 1 in the 4th quarter)

4th 6/12

This confuses me.  Are you saying our coach would play Bench if he was the best QB?  I don't know, a lot of people on this board think spite is a perfectly solid reason to lose one's job.

I have a hard time believing grown men putting their million dollar livelihoods on the line because of spite.

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

Closer look at Bench's stats from last year. Maryland he did not start but played the vast majority of the game as White got hurt on the first series. Houston he started. The best games he played were Cincinnati and Memphis, both games where by the time he played we were not likely to come back.

Maybe he's better this year, maybe he's not. Maybe he's better than QF, maybe he's not. However, the idea that CWT has a much better option in Bench but won't play him because of some secret grudge is silly to me.

Maryland

14/36

4th - 1/6 1 INT, 1 intentional grounding, 1 completion called back due to penalty

9/14 2 TDs

Houston (started)

12/25 147 1 INT

4th 5/11 1 INT

6/11 57 1TD

UCF

4th 6/12

This confuses me.  Are you saying our coach would play Bench if he was the best QB?  I don't know, a lot of people on this board think spite is a perfectly solid reason to lose one's job.

I have a hard time believing grown men putting their million dollar livelihoods on the line because of spite.

Wars have been started for less...but I am with you.

I think Coach T has shown he is capable of stubborn and illogical conclusions which is the only reason I think this is plausible.  

Edited by Bull-Hornz

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

Maryland

14/36

9/14 2 TDs

Houston (started)

12/25 147 1 INT

4th 5/11 1 INT

6/11 57 1TD

UCF

4th 6/12

Wars have been started for less...

College football  > war

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

The really sad part is that regardless of who starts or who plays I doubt it will make little difference because at this point it seems no one has jumped to the front of the pack.  All we have is a pack of QBs.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I hate this thread, but I can't stop clicking on it

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

The really sad part is that regardless of who starts or who plays I doubt it will make little difference because at this point it seems no one has jumped to the front of the pack. All we have is a pack of QBs.

Pack of bad qbs

I hate this thread, but I can't stop clicking on it

:lmao:  I know the feeling...I should be working...

The really sad part is that regardless of who starts or who plays I doubt it will make little difference because at this point it seems no one has jumped to the front of the pack.  All we have is a pack of QBs.

56151994.jpg

...we will see soon enough. If either guy can get in the 50-60% completion range we could be off to the races...I am not so sure this is out of the realm of reality, I think the team has a lot of talent this year.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

It doesn't really matter what I say on the board because whoever he names the starter, I will cheer for.  I'd like to think as the coach he knows a little more about the players than we do.  I know I get all up in arms but that's just because I like to argue.  If Bench is better, he should start.  Sometimes guys get it together in their senior year.  Also the fact that we have so many more weapons now may change things.  I firmly believe this offense changes things if the QB can run and manage the ball... hitting short passes and open guys too.  So we'll see.  I just hope the best guy gets the job and sometimes there is something to be said about experience.  Bench has been ride or die since day 1 at USF.  I'll love to see that guy do something great.  That's my honesty opinion of the thing.  

Edited by Calibull