• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart Gives Bulls a Glowing Report at Media Day

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

By TOM ZEBOLD

USF Senior Writer

NEWPORT, R.I., AUG. 4, 2015 â€“ Willie Taggart expects his third season at the helm of USF Football to be a charm because of the way the Bulls have improved across the board.

With the start of fall practice just two days away, Taggart gave his Bulls a glowing status report at American Athletic Conference Media Days during a round table discussion with the league’s East Division coaches.

"I think you have to change the culture of the program and I think that culture has changed to where we want it now and it has made things so much easier,†Taggart said. “I know me personally, I don’t find myself getting emotionally hijacked anymore and...

http://www.gousfbulls.com//ViewArticle.dbml?SPID=2981&DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=210250198

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i feel better now

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

What's he supposed to say, "We suck"?

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

"I think we look even worse than last year, so they might as well fire me now!"

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

He's got to lay on the coach-speak thick and hope that all the changes instituted for this season get him to a bowl game.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

We just gotta hope his mouth is throwing passes his body can catch...or something like that.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

So no excuses this year?

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

I'll say that reading his words, it's not necessarily a glowing report. He's not happy with his qb options if he's being so hesitant. It reminds me once of 2013 camp where he was complimenting eveld for making the right audible. He was looking for something true and good to say. I'm happy the team is closer, but joy is a greater bond than misery and I hope that drives them.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

I'll say that reading his words, it's not necessarily a glowing report. He's not happy with his qb options if he's being so hesitant. It reminds me once of 2013 camp where he was complimenting eveld for making the right audible. He was looking for something true and good to say. I'm happy the team is closer, but joy is a greater bond than misery and I hope that drives them.

Doesn't remind me at all about what he was saying in 2013.  I just went back and read some of those old articles and watched him talk about the QBs... I know it was a while ago but he didn't look or sound please with either Bobby or Matt....  I'm sorry but you may want to check gousfbulls... the interviews are still up from 2013... just scroll back.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,722
  • Days Won:  109

I was at the preseason event last year at the Muma's house and he stood up there and swore that the team looked so much better than the last year.  He even mentioned that every coach says that every year but that he really meant it this year.  He mentioned the "personal bests" that players set in the weight room. How'd that work out?  So until we actually win more games I couldn't give a rat's pitooty about what he says.

• Upvote 1