• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How bad were our QBs last season?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Brett Kean will save the day. Once the receivers see how superior a passer he is, in addition to his 4.7 speed, he will win over the team in August, ball during our last scrimmage and win the starting job. He is just str8 up better then Bench and Flowers.

he will get his chance because   the  other eligible qbs  stink

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

Brett Kean will save the day. Once the receivers see how superior a passer he is, in addition to his 4.7 speed, he will win over the team in August, ball during our last scrimmage and win the starting job. He is just str8 up better then Bench and Flowers.

I recall you saying how bad BJ Daniels sucked... actually I recall an instance where you said he basically had a snowballs chance in hell of making the NFL as a qb.  Still think that?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

I recall you saying how bad BJ Daniels sucked... actually I recall an instance where you said he basically had a snowballs chance in hell of making the NFL as a qb.  Still think that?

Towards the end I think most thought that BJ was the problem.  We were still not that many years removed from our best years, still in a BCS conference, and I think we had the feeling that if we could just get a better QB we would go to the next level... then... it all came crashing down.  Turns out that BJ was pretty good, Skip Holtz was pretty bad, we still blame him for our problems, he certainly did not help.  Hindsight is a funny thing.  Sure would love to have BJ back right about now.  

It is also a reminder of how far we have fallen off.  Leaving a BCS conference for the AAC, or better said, the AAC coming to us, not being able to compete in a lower level conference.  I now miss the days of being half way decent in BCS level conference.  I never thought we would be here.  I for one took those days for granted.    

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Towards the end I think most thought that BJ was the problem. 

Most of those blaming BJ back then were clueless about football at anymore than a basic level and still are.  It was and to some extent still is a great way to evaluate the football intelligence of the posters here.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

he will get his chance because the other eligible qbs stink

I recall you saying how bad BJ Daniels sucked... actually I recall an instance where you said he basically had a snowballs chance in hell of making the NFL as a qb. Still think that?

Most of those blaming BJ back then were clueless about football at anymore than a basic level and still are. It was and to some extent still is a great way to evaluate the football intelligence of the posters here.

HAHAHA....completely agree!! It's funny bc many of those same people have no clue how bad of shape we were in after CSH and want to switch head coach every other year.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

Not sure where your "most" encompasses but there were some on here that voiced that but most here are smarter than that ...

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

Not sure where your "most" encompasses but there were some on here that voiced that but most here are smarter than that ...

My "most" extended beyond here and primarily on the ESPN BE forum (RIP).   

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

My "most" extended beyond here and primarily on the ESPN BE forum (RIP).   

That brings back some memories. The ESPN forums were my first first foray into the dark world of Internet forums many moons ago... and my first exposure to douchebag Kanigit fans.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

I never thought that.  I knew what the problem was and I never thought it was BJ.  I still remember me and Stevie Oneal defending the guy over on Greg's old blog.