• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Important player kicked from team?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Okay, I was typing on my phone so let me rephrase.

I asked him about this specific report from V5.  He said a couple of guys won't be with the team, that the culture has changed and that the players that don't want to be there won't.  I got it as either they're leaving on their own because of the change or they're not adapting well or putting in the effort and being asked to leave.

He also said the team will be fine and to not believe the hype, whatever that means.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,002
  • Days Won:  469

Hype?  "Not good for Bulls, but V5 policy is protect players until it’s official. Gonna hurt though."

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Hype?  "Not good for Bulls, but V5 policy is protect players until it’s official. Gonna hurt though."

I guess

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I guess

Maybe the player (or players) leaving is a player that was once hyped.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I asked him about this specific report from V5.  He said a couple of guys won't be with the team, that the culture has changed and that the players that don't want to be there won't.  I got it as either they're leaving on their own because of the change or they're not adapting well or putting in the effort and being asked to leave.

He also said the team will be fine and to not believe the hype, whatever that means.

I find it strange the culture is changing three years in.  Were they unable to change the culture three years ago, or did it take new coordinators to change the culture?

• Upvote 1

I find it strange the culture is changing three years in.  Were they unable to change the culture three years ago, or did it take new coordinators to change the culture?

I would say the culture change has finally taken shape... especially when you couple it with the comment from Apis that this offseason was different because the guys were starting to care about each other... that tells me there might be a little bit of the team holding each other accountable, and that doesn't set well with some people. ("You're not the boss of me!")

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Thanks!

I feel a lot better. I didn't want us to lose a player who wants to play and couldn't because of whatever. If somebody doesn't want to be on the team, then that's a completely different thing.

Man, I'm tired of off-season stuff. Let's play some football!

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

I would say the culture change has finally taken shape... especially when you couple it with the comment from Apis that this offseason was different because the guys were starting to care about each other... that tells me there might be a little bit of the team holding each other accountable, and that doesn't set well with some people. ("You're not the boss of me!")

yeah dude... It really has.  This is why I am predicting we win our first conference title this year.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

I think he means the culture in the team has changed and players that don't like that change are going to want to leave

I think there is more competition for positions now and some that started before might not like that others are pushing and beating them out. You need to constantly work but it's easy not to if there isn't anybody with similar talent to push you

+1

I think that it will serve us well this year.  I think we shock the nation.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

^ I'd settle for surprising the weary fans.

• Upvote 1