• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

At the risk of starting a riot...

Who else things we need to see a bit more of Tice? I don't like that he runs pretty straight up, but, it seems like he has better vision than DJ and tends to be the better runner (5.3 ypc vs 4.1) at this point. DJ is faster and more likely to break a longer run, but, I see Tice as the better all-around back who generally will get positive yards every time he touches the ball. I don't think he gets the credit he deserves, but, I am glad that young man got another year of eligibility. He's meant a lot to our running game so far this year.

I almost feel like it should be a pro-style use of the backs, with DJ being the 3rd down back and Tice getting the bigger workload. Maybe late in the game, hit them with DJ having fresh legs and the defense being run down and less sure-tackling.

Maybe I'm seeing things though.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,112
  • Days Won:  6

1 minute ago, Orlando Bull said:

Who else things we need to see a bit more of Tice? I don't like that he runs pretty straight up, but, it seems like he has better vision than DJ and tends to be the better runner (5.3 ypc vs 4.1) at this point. DJ is faster and more likely to break a longer run, but, I see Tice as the better all-around back who generally will get positive yards every time he touches the ball. I don't think he gets the credit he deserves, but, I am glad that young man got another year of eligibility. He's meant a lot to our running game so far this year.

I almost feel like it should be a pro-style use of the backs, with DJ being the 3rd down back and Tice getting the bigger workload. Maybe late in the game, hit them with DJ having fresh legs and the defense being run down and less sure-tackling.

I was thinking the same thing over the past few weeks.  Tice seems to run hard like he is trying to prove something.  I like them both and I think the coaches need to figure out what works best and when to use them.  Kind of like you are trying to do.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I don't know about better all-around back. DJ caught a lot of passes for us last year. I'm not sure what's not clicking with him so far this season.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Yeah I wouldnt mind seeing more of Tice in second half when the opposing defense is more tired him and McCants thats going to be tough on a tired defense.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  225
  • Days Won:  0

Tice running out of the backfield and DJ out for swing/flat passes (where he excels).

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

Tice in the red zone. DJ everywhere else. 

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

11 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

100% spot on

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,577
  • Days Won:  29

Keep feeding both the rock equally.

#Stampede

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

I dont know if DJ is faster. He definitely does not look faster than Tice.  

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

16 minutes ago, E.T. said:

Keep feeding both the rock equally.

#Stampede

This!

Fresh legs in the backfield kills in this system.