• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Must be more to the story...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Who'sYourData? said:

These latest comments from xcwt lack class.  I guess it is the era we are in right now.

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

As did the original comments from Garcia. CWT should have taken the high road and not responded at all. 

30 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

Agreed.  But, quite frankly, I expect more from a guy getting paid millions per year than I do from a guy getting $60k/year.

Not sure what salary has to do with it. It's more a maturity factor and frankly, I expect more from someone with over 3 decades in the coaching profession.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

21 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Not sure what salary has to do with it. It's more a maturity factor and frankly, I expect more from someone with over 3 decades in the coaching profession.

Because when you get paid that kind of money to represent the university, part of the contract explicitly and implicitly implies that you will act like a mature person and not embarrass the university.  Anyone getting paid that kind of money should know better.  And Garcia is presumably older and wiser, but Taggart has a lot more experience with the press than Garcia.

I seriously doubt there are multiple members of the press waiting to talk to Garcia after every practice.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

2 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

That's the problem.  People think they have to respond, they can't let someone take a shot at them without returning fire.  He would probably call it "setting the record straight."  

I don't have a problem with Tag's response.  I do have a problem with Garcia making it all about himself, on a day that he had players committing to universities.  It's supposed to be a day for the players.  

Bingo.  

But in most cases head football coaches are usually extreme type A personalities.  Garcia just couldn't help himself and neither could Taggart.  These are two highly competitive people that just can't stand not getting that last shot in.

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,339
  • Days Won:  43

CWT was great to USF. Fixed the downfall. Made just attracted enough for USF to get Strong. The only thing that I didn't like is when CWT ran the score up against ECU. ECU has USF circled on their 2017 football schedule because of what CWT did. Too bad he is not here to face the revenge game.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Bull Daly said:

CWT was great to USF. Fixed the downfall. Made just attracted enough for USF to get Strong. The only thing that I didn't like is when CWT ran the score up against ECU. ECU has USF circled on their 2017 football schedule because of what CWT did. Too bad he is not here to face the revenge game.

Don't think they will care as much since Willie is gone. 

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, Ned A Starr said:

Did you feel the same about Leavitt running up the score against UCF, 64 to 12?

Leavitt played his second and third string QBs that day. They both led scoring drives. We just murdered that UCF squad.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

I wonder if this has anything to do with the story?

"There were guys on that staff that were not doing things on the up and up as far as just basic relationships go," Meyer said. "But Willie himself, I liked."

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/footballpreps/team-kia-or-team-cadillac-area-coaches-split-on-willie-taggart/2311980

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

i am happy we have strong

it will be fun to watch usc destroy oregon

On 2/2/2017 at 3:22 PM, jg233 said:

Willie did what Willie needed to do and it worked out just fine for USF.  Willie also is best friends with Jim Harbaugh, that's all that really needs to be said right there.  Any best friend of Jim Harbaugh probably has quite a bit of A-hole in his personality.  I've met Willie a few times, seemed like a very insincere guy.

why would anyone be surprised?

as grandma smazza said,"you are judged by the company you keep"

• Upvote 1

On 2/2/2017 at 8:45 AM, Bourbon Bull said:

But I don't see anything wrong in respecting the coaches of the players you are recruiting.  As mama said, never hurts to be nice.

it takes the same energy to be nice as it does to be a P%^$K