• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

East West Shrine game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

Don't see any BULLS out there. I know Adams is not participating why no Kofi?

Edited by jchem1995
Spell error

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Wasn't invited?

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

Right but why not? Like to see some baymade players out there. Anyway countdown to San Jose

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

Hey now there are quite a few Bay Made players out there just none that are Bay Stayed...

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

I was at the game and got to meet Ken Griffey Jr. That was definitely the highlight of the game. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I wonder how these all star games have fallen off the face of the earth. I remember when the East West Shrine game was the most exclusive "game" of the year for CFB seniors. It was played at the old Stanford stadium in California and the game would almost be a sell out. It would also be covered nationally by NBC. Now this game is played at bubble stadium in FL that has a plastic field and was made for baseball...with about 10k in attendance. To answer my own question, perhaps it is the NFL combine and colleges' having a pro day. Regardless, I miss the old CFB all star games and the excitement they would generate. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

33 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I wonder how these all star games have fallen off the face of the earth. I remember when the East West Shrine game was the most exclusive "game" of the year for CFB seniors. It was played at the old Stanford stadium in California and the game would almost be a sell out. It would also be covered nationally by NBC. Now this game is played at bubble stadium in FL that has a plastic field and was made for baseball...with about 10k in attendance. To answer my own question, perhaps it is the NFL combine and colleges' having a pro day. Regardless, I miss the old CFB all star games and the excitement they would generate. 

The fact that most of the best players don't play in these games hurts attendance. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Back in the day, we were starved for football, and one more game was a real treat. All we had was CBS, ABC, and NBC. Now we have a million cable channels. One more game is no big deal.

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

2 hours ago, charsibb said:

Back in the day, we were starved for football, and one more game was a real treat. All we had was CBS, ABC, and NBC. Now we have a million cable channels. One more game is no big deal.

Not to mention each school does their own version of the NFL combine for the Seniors and scouts.  I think this is the biggest reason for the drop off in talent at these all star games