• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OCS!!!

Guest PCBull14

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  298
  • Days Won:  1

Just now, JTrue said:

Well, if you've been watching Memphis football all your life, you may not be the best judge of what college football looks like.

lol, I started really watching Memphis football in 2003 (senior year of HS) when I was accepted to Memphis. Since then Memphis has played in 8 bowl games, or the exact same amount as USF.

We also lead the series 5-4

so you might just rethink that

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 minutes ago, UofMemphis said:

lol, I started really watching Memphis football in 2003 (senior year of HS) when I was accepted to Memphis. Since then Memphis has played in 8 bowl games, or the exact same amount as USF.

We also lead the series 5-4

so you might just rethink that

I guess it's a good thing you missed 1912-2002.

Edited by JTrue

4 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

I thought the scholarship athletes playing football with college logos and colors on their uniforms was what made up college football, but that's just me.

After going to games like Memphis @ Ole Miss, Memphis @ Miss State, and even Memphis @ USM...I can honestly tell you you're wrong...there's nothing like football game day on a FBS college campus.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Just now, UofMemphis said:

After going to games like Memphis @ Ole Miss, Memphis @ Miss State, and even Memphis @ USM...I can honestly tell you you're wrong...there's nothing like football game day on a FBS college campus.

I've been to Georgia vs. Tennessee, Georgia vs. Auburn, GT vs FSU, GT vs Clemson ... and many more.  And I'm not bothered by the USF game day experience at Ray Jay.

So I simply reject your assertions that game day experience is "not college football."

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I guess it's a good thing you missed 1912-2002.

my pro team is Green Bay, and my college team is Memphis...

my dad sat through 30 years without a Super Bowl or a Memphis Bowl game...I've seen Green Bay play in 3 Super Bowls, and watched my Tigers play in 8 bowl games.

I'm just lucky, I guess.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

I've been to Georgia vs. Tennessee, Georgia vs. Auburn, GT vs FSU, GT vs Clemson ... and many more.  And I'm not bothered by the USF game day experience at Ray Jay.

So I simply reject your assertions that game day experience is "not college football."

I mean, my sister and my brother-in-law live in Lutz and attend USF football games...they were complaining just this season how the USF vs FSU game felt more like a FSU home game, and lacked that true 'home game' feel.

that said, we could sit here and argue all day and I doubt one would change the others mind.

• Downvote 3

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

2 minutes ago, UofMemphis said:

I mean, my sister and my brother-in-law live in Lutz and attend USF football games...they were complaining just this season how the USF vs FSU game felt more like a FSU home game, and lacked that true 'home game' feel.

that said, we could sit here and argue all day and I doubt one would change the others mind.

If you, your sister or brother-in-law think that FSU wouldn't have turned an OCS into "a FSU  home game" you are bat **** crazy. FSU would have outnumbered USF no matter where the game was played.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

3 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

If you, your sister or brother-in-law think that FSU wouldn't have turned an OCS into "a FSU  home game" you are bat **** crazy. FSU would have outnumbered USF no matter where the game was played.

With luck, we'll find out next January in Atlanta!!

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

41 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

I thought the scholarship athletes playing football with college logos and colors on their uniforms was what made up college football, but that's just me.

I thought it was the amateur nature and the love of the game that made it college football!!!

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Would probably be an interesting poll of ALL season ticket holders to find what they would be willing to do. Put several questions on their renewal statements.

Preference -       A(OCS)    B(RayJay)

If you chose (A) above. Additional amount per ticket -  A($10)  B($25)  C($50)   D($100).