• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Michigan Hosting Football Camp in Tampa, FL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

this must be part of our BIG 10 invite :D

Fair trade-off! LOL

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2014 every recruit had at least 3 stars by 247.

Look it up if you don't believe me.

We also finished #40, which means we beat out at least 25 so called P5 programs.

D'Earnest Johnson, Mack, etc. had 10-15 offers each from big time programs including Florida, Michigan (yes, Michigan), Texas, Miami, and bunch of others SEC, Big 10, and ACC schools. These are just a couple examples.

We do recruit from the same pool as most P5 programs, including Michigan. Mack had an offer from Michigan...so I guess we recruit out of the same pool, seeing he chose USF over Mich.

Our recruiting is on par with a lot of "P5" programs outside of the obvious upper echelon. That's one thing Tag has done well. He just hasn't coached them up and his offensive scheme has been rotten.

24/7 has 5 of our recruits listed as 2 stars (below 80), same as Rivals. I think you're looking at the composite, which is supposedly an average of all of the rankings from "major" recruiting services, but all of our 2 star guys on 24/7 are 2 star guys on Rivals, Scout, and ESPN. Not sure where else they pull rankings from. Edited by JTrue

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,615
  • Days Won:  424

2014 every recruit had at least 3 stars by 247.

Look it up if you don't believe me.

2014 isn't a couple of years ago and every recruit wasn't a 3 star ......... but I do agree that, for the most part, we're cruising the same waters as most of the P5 programs ... but we will dip down into the smaller ponds more often than most of the major ones.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,291
  • Days Won:  0

I am seeking us to play against them.. Would it be called the Groom-BestMan Bowl? LOL

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Thoughts?

2eckpbs.jpg

I don't think they are "hosting" the ONE DAY USF CAMP on June 6.  Harbaugh and his staff will be present to meet recruits at the USF CAMP.  IMO. That's how they are getting around the NCAA.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Must be nice having all that cash and being able to have these camps all over the country....

Hard to compete in recruiting against these guys 

Huh, I guess the NCAA rules have changed. If you remember, Futgers (under Schiano) had a bunch of camps in Florida and i think the NCAA put a rule into effect stopping him from doing that, because various schools complained. If I remember, some of their fans blamed us, but the articles at the time named other schools.

That was a Big East rule... the NCAA has no such rule -- Saban and Malzahn are both complaining about the Michigan, and suggesting that the NCAA may need to create a rule.  The SEC rule is no camps more than 50 miles from campus.

Thoughts?

2eckpbs.jpg

I don't think they are "hosting" the ONE DAY USF CAMP on June 6.  Harbaugh and his staff will be present to meet recruits at the USF CAMP.  IMO. That's how they are getting around the NCAA.

No, it's a Michigan camp. There is no NCAA rule.