• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

When was the last time a kid transferred out and finished his career elsewhere and was allowed to attend the pro day for the team he transferred out from instead of the team he finished up at? This seems like a non issue to me as I've never heard of this happening at USF or anywhere else for that matter. I don't think the former Manatee kid should be allowed at pro day either though... USF pro day is for kids that finished their careers as bulls not for kids who finished up somewhere else or never attended USF.

As for Big Bird and Hopkins, seems like disgruntled former players taking shots where they can.

Its happened. Cant recall the specific instances, but i know its happened and Auman reported on it back then. Its even more plausible since a nonUSF person will be in our proday

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

cwt seems petty at times

this will be his last year

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

When was the last time a kid transferred out and finished his career elsewhere and was allowed to attend the pro day for the team he transferred out from instead of the team he finished up at? This seems like a non issue to me as I've never heard of this happening at USF or anywhere else for that matter. I don't think the former Manatee kid should be allowed at pro day either though... USF pro day is for kids that finished their careers as bulls not for kids who finished up somewhere else or never attended USF.

As for Big Bird and Hopkins, seems like disgruntled former players taking shots where they can.

Its happened. Cant recall the specific instances, but i know its happened and Auman reported on it back then. Its even more plausible since a nonUSF person will be in our proday

This is the issue.  It is either for current USF players or none.  Apparently a rule is a rule with USF football, except when it isn't.  Most rational adults would extend the courtesy to someone that lettered three years at the school. 

This seems vindictive and childish if it was Taggart's decision. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Hopkins is always in on the ********, every time someone complains about USF Football, he is all in on it. You are TOO SHORT BRO, I can't believe you saw the field as much as you did. 

Congrats on all the track medals though, stick to that.

Hopkins? ...... What am I missing here?

Dhop_87 is Hopkins. He's been bad mouthing the program for years. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

Hopkins is always in on the ********, every time someone complains about USF Football, he is all in on it. You are TOO SHORT BRO, I can't believe you saw the field as much as you did. 

Congrats on all the track medals though, stick to that.

Hopkins? ...... What am I missing here?

Dhop_87 is Hopkins. He's been bad mouthing the program for years. 

Ah, got it .... Would appreciate using the Quote function at times like that for us who aren't in the club.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

We let former students back for Pro Day before. Chad Simpson, who made it to the NFL, for one.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I think everyone is missing the bigger issue here...Steven Bravo-Brown needs a Pro Day?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I think everyone is missing the bigger issue here...Steven Bravo-Brown needs a Pro Day?

Boom

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  693
  • Days Won:  0

Exactly, why does an undersized guy who had only 22 catches, 259 yards, and 1 TD in his whole career need a pro day? And according to his bio on the USF athletic page, he only lettered twice. But big deal, don't you receive a letter just for seeing the field?

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Exactly, why does an undersized guy who had only 22 catches, 259 yards, and 1 TD in his whole career need a pro day? And according to his bio on the USF athletic page, he only lettered twice. But big deal, don't you receive a letter just for seeing the field?

As I recall, Simpson did even less during his time with the Bulls and he made it to the NFL.  What would it cost USF to let him attend the Pro Day and garner a tiny bit of goodwill?