• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Baseball loses...are you sitting down ? 24-1 to FSU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Our men's athletic programs are a mess right now. (no, I don't care that we're ranked in men's golf)

Lol all the programs that matter are trash.

Pretty much

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

What a waste. Why not throw Herget and give the kid a chance to show his stuff against one of the best teams in the nation. If he shows out, it helps his draft status. Who cares if he beats High Point. That doesn't draw anything to our games or help our program. A sub-1.00 ERA only matters when you're facing top competition. Have some balls coach - stop saving your #1 for the weekend when he can pitch against the highest level of competition he'll see in college.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

Baseball, a non revenue sport, now matters but golf and WBB don't?   I'm confused.

What a waste. Why not throw Herget and give the kid a chance to show his stuff against one of the best teams in the nation. If he shows out, it helps his draft status. Who cares if he beats High Point. That doesn't draw anything to our games or help our program. A sub-1.00 ERA only matters when you're facing top competition. Have some balls coach - stop saving your #1 for the weekend when he can pitch against the highest level of competition he'll see in college.

Sat next to Herget's dad at the last game he pitched.  He'll be pitching solely on Fridays and has a pitch count.

Sheriff, tried sending you a PM and it said you couldn't receive any more.  Clean out your mailbox man.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,342
  • Days Won:  43

Like I said. It will be a long year for USF baseball kind of like it was a long year for USF basketball. Hope things get better next season. Playing in the AAC is going to be tough for our new coach. UCF, TULANE, HOUSTON, ECU, Etc. are good at baseball so USF has a big hill to climb. Good luck with that. 

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Baseball, a non revenue sport, now matters but golf and WBB don't? I'm confused.

(1) Yes on golf. People don't drop $100 on season tickets for golf.

(2) I said men's sports...but I'll got there. I just can't get into women's basketball. I have to attend games occasionally for the school I work for, that's enough for me. (And before anyone jumps on me, I'm a softball and volleyball fan.)

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Sat next to Herget's dad at the last game he pitched.  He'll be pitching solely on Fridays and has a pitch count.

WTF?

Coach needs to learn some flexibility. This kind of stubbornness gets you fired.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

Disagree with the Hergett situation. He pitches on Friday. Yes, yesterday was disgusting but it doesn't matter. Mid-week games are simply development games. You play guys that don't get a lot of time, hence the five pitchers yesterday only have 150 career innings between them (before this season) which works out to about 21 innings per pitcher per year. In fact it was Joe Adel's first appearance this year. Their combined era is 4.66, these aren't (yet) the pitchers you win games with. Outside of Hergett and hopefully Cavallero and maybe Farley, if he gets another chance, we have no depth in pitching. Hergett is gone this year, he may stay but the games he pitches in are more guys with radar guns than fans (ok exaggeration) and he is eligible to go pro after this year. Additionally, Mulholland is a Sr. so we better start to developing some pitchers or we are going to have a stable of relievers and no starters.

And yes, some folks see baseball, and even softball for that matter, as a much more interesting sport than basketball (not football, never football). I love this board but one thing I wish is that we would stop with the disparaging remarks concerning other sports being less important. Even if its true, it makes us look like punks and to the parents and kids that love the sport they play, it not unimportant to them. Marlon Macks sport he plays is as important to him as Payton Brown's sport is to her. These kids know whose sport produces revenue and whose doesn't they don't need us to rub their faces in it.

Edited by cophbulls
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

it is not judy's fault