• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Now Just A Matter Of Which One

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

attachicon.gifwinston.png

Looks like he can read the McDonalds value meal menu better than a playbook. 

He's not fat.  Don't start hating because the Jets have no shot at him.

Jameis-Winston-collage-photos-02-15-14.j

As a Jets fan I am hoping you take him and Mariotta falls to the Jets at 6 if they go QB.  I honestly would be happy without either of them. 

He doesnt look like a stellar athlete in any of those pics btw.  I am 35 and am taking myself out of the NFL draft options this year and have more definition than him. 

I would kind of want my QB to have a great work ethic in the gym and classroom.  I would guess his classroom isnt much better than that soft physique of his. 

Edited by Bruce Blingstein

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

He doesnt look like a stellar athlete in any of those pics btw.  I am 35 and am taking myself out of the NFL draft options this year and have more definition than him. 

I would kind of want my QB to have a great work ethic in the gym and classroom.  I would guess his classroom isnt much better than that soft physique of his. 

He has a 3.4 GPA at FSU.

^^^  I know a lot of dumb people with great GPAs and no common sense.  I dont hate on Winston but his decision making and demeanor leads me to believe he has little common sense.  I personally dont worry about his personal life because I dont see him as a thug or trouble maker, i just see him as kinda immature. 

most importantly i dont see his game translating in the NFL.  When the Bucs take Mariotta at 1 (which i still think they will) I hope the Jets pass on Jameis. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

^^^  I know a lot of dumb people with great GPAs and no common sense.  I dont hate on Winston but his decision making and demeanor leads me to believe he has little common sense.  I personally dont worry about his personal life because I dont see him as a thug or trouble maker, i just see him as kinda immature. 

most importantly i dont see his game translating in the NFL.  When the Bucs take Mariotta at 1 (which i still think they will) I hope the Jets pass on Jameis. 

Clearly you were not cut out to be an NFL GM.  

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Yeah, the smart NFL GM trades down. Bucs should fortify the line and give Glennon another shot rather than taking a gamble on either of these two.

Clearly no one here is cut out to be an NFL GM but not because my comment.  I mean every NFL GM had Jamarcus Russell as the clear #1 pick, are they not cut out to be NFL Gms?  What an amateur comment.  Its my opinion.  I watched him play vs good teams and vs bad teams and saw differences.  I watched his game regress last year. Bad signs and I dont see it in the NFL,  but who cares about people opinions if they arent professional scouts. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Clearly no one here is cut out to be an NFL GM but not because my comment.  I mean every NFL GM had Jamarcus Russell as the clear #1 pick, are they not cut out to be NFL Gms?  What an amateur comment.  Its my opinion.  I watched him play vs good teams and vs bad teams and saw differences.  I watched his game regress last year. Bad signs and I dont see it in the NFL,  but who cares about people opinions if they arent professional scouts.

Jamarcus Russell? You only have the benefit of bringing him up because of hindsight. That kid had all the tools to be a dominating QB at the pro level. He just didn't have the work ethic. Winston has more football smarts, ability and drive in his pinky finger than Russell ever had.

Your opinion flies in the face of the majority of most "experts" paid to give an opinion. Hence the "you're not qualified" post. Sorry to get you all pissy about it. His game regressed because mostly because experienced guys left and young guys came in. He will have more offensive weapons in Tampa than he ever had in Tally.

The one thing pretty much everyone, other than you, believes is that his game will transfer to the NFL just fine. Curious as to why you don't think it will ... ?

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Young guys like Rashad Greene.. oh wait. Maybe Nick O'leary... hold on, Christian Green... **** it. Okay, okay, Karlos Williams. No?

Even without Kelvin Benjamin and Kenny Shaw, that receiving corps was stacked. The thing that's a red flag to me is the TD to INT ratio going from 4:1 to almost 5:4.

GA im not pissy, im just saying I dont see his game translating.  When I watched him, i dont think hes impressive like I have with other QBS.  Lets not act like numerous first round QBs havent turned out in complete opposite what "qualified" analyst have said.  Its a crap shoot.

Again, if he falls to 6 i hope the Jets pass on him.  I am in no way a FSU hater, i flat out dont like his ghame.