• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Athletic Players - Leavitt v. Holtz/Taggert

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

Most freshman that played CWT first year in 2013 were also CSH recruits. CWT was hired in Dec 2012 and mostly inherited the 2013 recruiting class. So to your point, to be fair, CWT first class, where he scouted and chose his players, was the 2014 recruiting class and were the freshman that played last year.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also tend to agree regarding CWT's QB assessment being suspect. I am not sure CWT is the guy, but I think he needs a fair chance to get 'his' players and scheme in place.

I can appreciate your sentiment regarding CSH but IMO he was part the reason for the nose dive of USF football on many levels including recruiting.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

Most freshman that played CWT first year in 2013 were also CSH recruits. CWT was hired in Dec 2012 and mostly inherited the 2013 recruiting class. So to your point, to be fair, CWT first class, where he scouted and chose his players, was the 2014 recruiting class and were the freshman that played last year.

Again, Holtz had the same issue only worse with his first year since he was hired only a couple of weeks before signing day. He only had 2 classes of his own yet people continue to pile on re: his recruiting.

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

The biggest difference between the players we had under Leavitt to those of Holtz (I'm not going to say CWT yet) is CJL's players had a chip on their shoulders and had a us against the world mentality. Under Holtz it was totally different the players under him seemed to feel the arrived and the world (college football) owed them respect rather than earning it. Yet I'm a little bias to CJL.

We need to get back to the "F" the world mentality which I think we could be on the way back to. GO BULLS :iconic_u_black: 

Let no man forget how menacing we are, we are BULLS! Do you know what's waiting beyond that field? Immortality! Take it! It's yours!

Again, Holtz had the same issue only worse with his first year since he was hired only a couple of weeks before signing day. He only had 2 classes of his own yet people continue to pile on re: his recruiting.

Sure but I wouldn't say CSH inherited a bad team. Can we say the same for CWT? Holtz teams got progressively worse.

2010 8-5

2011 5-7

2012 3-9

I am seeing some positives for CWT's teams. There is fight, speed, and athleticism that we haven't seen since the CJL days. He is making changes at the coaching level in places that are not working. Not enough data points but lets hope the tide is turning and we are heading in the right direction.

2013 2-10

2014 4-8

2015 ???

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

11-28-2014

UCF 16, USF 0

First home shutout in USF history

USF players even had the audacity to talk trash before the game - UCF didn't have to; they did it on the field

From greatest loss (AT HOME EVEN) by a I-A team to a I-AA team in the first game of the first season, to the first home shut out loss to our rival in the final game of this past season.... the data points AREN'T GOING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION

/End Argument

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Boom goes the dynamite

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

There is no patience with Faza 

11-28-2014

UCF 16, USF 0

First home shutout in USF history

USF players even had the audacity to talk trash before the game - UCF didn't have to; they did it on the field

From greatest loss (AT HOME EVEN) by a I-A team to a I-AA team in the first game of the first season, to the first home shut out loss to our rival in the final game of this past season.... the data points AREN'T GOING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION

/End Argument

LOL love the binary arguements. While, like you, I don't agree with the trash talk, and I definitely not happy with last season for more than just that loss, I am not sure whether or not it's time to find a new coach. I think we will know more after this season. From the data though you have no basis for stating we are not improving. I do think the team was in a bad state so I am good with giving CWT another year.

If something significant doesn't get fix this year though, it could indeed be Tags last year.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I just want to see the coaching improve. Holtz seemed lost out there, and Taggart seems to be more of the same.