• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

4-2-5 personnel problems

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,806
  • Days Won:  0

Now we have a log jam of talented players at LB. What do we do with Tashon Whitehurst, Jimmy Bayes and Josh Black?  Only two LBs on the field and we have a bunch of people from the DBs vying for the new safety spot. Ready Go!!!!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

I don't think we have a single LB on the roster who has proven themselves as a truly good player at this level.  Lots of promising prospects, but to say we have too many talented players at that position is overly optimistic IMO.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,291

Do we have enough DLs?

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

You could convert one of the bigger/faster LBs into a pass rushing DE/LB hybrid on 3rd down plays. 

65 Nelson Clavion Clavion Nelson DL 6-3 302 7 Sr. Hollywood, Fla. (South Broward HS) 8 Calloway Derrick Derrick Calloway DT 6-2 285 5 Jr. Bradenton, Fla. (Manatee HS) 90 Hamilton James James Hamilton DT 6-2 301 7 Sr. Orlando, Fla. (Olympia HS) 60 Hector Bruce Bruce Hector DT 6-2 296 3 So. Tampa, Fla. (Robinson HS) 61 Pettus Kieran Kieran Pettus DT 6-3 239 5 Jr. Gibsonton, Fla. (East Bay HS) 10 Senat Deadrin Deadrin Senat DT 6-1 300 3 So.

These are the current DTs. Looks like Marlon is at DT as well. Eric Mayes also has has the size as well as Bronson and Demetrius hill to play DT.

You could convert one of the bigger/faster LBs into a pass rushing DE/LB hybrid on 3rd down plays. 

I like that idea.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

I don't think we have a single LB on the roster who has proven themselves as a truly good player at this level.  Lots of promising prospects, but to say we have too many talented players at that position is overly optimistic IMO.

Nigel Harris? 77 tackles, 10.5 tackles for a loss, tied for national lead and set USF record with 6 forced fumbles. Did all that as a true sophomore last season, I'd say he's a pretty good player at linebacker.

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  433

Whitehurst came on as well last year

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Now we have a log jam of talented players at LB. What do we do with Tashon Whitehurst, Jimmy Bayes and Josh Black?  Only two LBs on the field and we have a bunch of people from the DBs vying for the new safety spot. Ready Go!!!!

Gawd, what a wunnerful problem to have!

If only we had this problem at MLB and QB!

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

Was just trying to figure who gets pt at the lb spots myself. Harris would seem to be a lock. I assume some of them will bulk up some and play some DE as suggested a few posts up.