• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Women's Hoops Ranking/Seed Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

New AP Poll. Rutgers and Syracuse out and previous #26 Cal moved to #25, despite losing to Stanford by 1 point. We moved up to #26. Ohio State moved from behind us at #28 jumped over us both all the way to #23.

http://espn.go.com/womens-college-basketball/rankings

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

New AP Poll. Rutgers and Syracuse out and previous #26 Cal moved to #25, despite losing to Stanford by 1 point. We moved up to #26. Ohio State moved from behind us at #28 jumped over us both all the way to #23.

BS...these voters can't be watching us.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Name recognition is a powerful thing

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

+1, I honestly think we'd tear through that top 20...at least.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

Prison shexed again. 10_6_7.gif

Edited by Sellular1

Name recognition is a powerful thing

No question about that. Given the choice the average AP voter would select Ohio state over USF in just about anything. Sad, but true.

+1, I honestly think we'd tear through that top 20...at least.

I honestly think that we are talented enough to be a sweet sixteen team. I know that the average UConn fan, on their message board, thinks we are good enough to be a 4 seed.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

With the players and coaching we have, we can legitimately beat any team in the country (with the exception of UCONN) on any given night. Sure, we might lose more than we would win against South Carolina or Tennessee, but neither is dominant enough that I could see us losing more than 7 out of 10 to them. Notre Dame might be the only other team that we would lose to 75 to 80% of the time, but I like our chances of making the Sweet 16 at a minimum, with the Elite 8 as a distinct possibility. 

Article on AP top 25 and OHio State. Mentions our game with UConn. Considering we lost by 23 the last time, which is better than former #1 SC did against them, they called it an "easy" victory. No respect

Ohio State enters AP Top 25 for first time all year, UConn remains No. 1

Doug Feinberg | The Associated Press

Last Updated - Mar 9, 2015 15:27 EDT

...While those two teams entered the bottom of the poll replacing Rutgers and Syracuse, UConn remained the No. 1 team for the fourth straight week. The Huskies cruised to easy victories against South Florida, Cincinnati and East Carolina this week.

UConn will face South Florida for the American Athletic Conference championship Monday night.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-women/article/2015-03-09/ohio-state-enters-ap-top-25-first-time-all-year-uconn

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

Ohio State lost and jumped that far for playing them close? wow. I habe to disagree with that. Conference tournament matchups can always go either way when one team is playing extra hard to try win something they aren't deserving of. I don't think that warrants jumping over us and many other teams. We are REALLY getting screwed in rankings. Cal too. They lost at #25 but didn't fall out of the rankings...