• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If you started Bench through a 12 game season (QB discussion)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

What about if both start...and Flowers...and Kean?

*mind blown*

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Days Won:  0

Start Flowers. Bench is not the future, White is not the future. Willie should have stuck to his guns and kept his word when he named Flowers the starter last year only to yank him in the fourth quarter and then not start him the rest of the year. Now, Willie is no longer the future and his career cannot sustain a full year of growing pains with Flowers even though it would be best for USF long term. Quite the conundrum for USF.

Mod, did you delete my last post?

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

I wonder if any one guy will "shine" with the "new" offense (whatever that is).  God help us if we hear that they are all on equal footing 2 weeks before the season starts again.  

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,430
  • Days Won:  3

Start Flowers. Bench is not the future, White is not the future. Willie should have stuck to his guns and kept his word when he named Flowers the starter last year only to yank him in the fourth quarter and then not start him the rest of the year. Now, Willie is no longer the future and his career cannot sustain a full year of growing pains with Flowers even though it would be best for USF long term. Quite the conundrum for USF.

We need to fix our present before we can think about the future. Flowers is not the present, but he might be the future.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Flowers had to get pulled, as he scored ZERO.  White came in for 2 drives, scoring 2 TDs.  No way we otherwise win...the fact that the win did us no good is moot.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

He would win you at least 6 games.

Even if its 6-6,its a bowl and this is really what CWT needs to do in 2015.

White has been incredibly inconsistent and gets cold feet but he shows up big time when the games don't matter. CWT should only consider putting White in if we are blowing out (maybe the FCS team...hopefully) or getting blown out and hope to see another one his comebacks. But there needs to be no more QB carousel, and just let Flowers develop for a year and then let him athlete his way through the QB position from then on.

I agree with you on the QB carousel...its tiring.  However, what makes you so sure that starting and keeping Bench guarantees us at least 6 wins?  If this were true, it would be a no brainer coming off of a string of losing seasons.  

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

He would win you at least 6 games.

Even if its 6-6,its a bowl and this is really what CWT needs to do in 2015.

White has been incredibly inconsistent and gets cold feet but he shows up big time when the games don't matter. CWT should only consider putting White in if we are blowing out (maybe the FCS team...hopefully) or getting blown out and hope to see another one his comebacks. But there needs to be no more QB carousel, and just let Flowers develop for a year and then let him athlete his way through the QB position from then on.

I agree with you on the QB carousel...its tiring.  However, what makes you so sure that starting and keeping Bench guarantees us at least 6 wins?  If this were true, it would be a no brainer coming off of a string of losing seasons.  

I love the hypothetical stated as fact. It's fun to be psychic...but I'm pretty p***ed off that zarno didn't already help CWT put the perfect players on the field for a better record last year. Shoulda started sooner IMO.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

To throw a little fuel on the fire for entertainment purposes only...

I'm pretty sure that Reaves is a fan of Bench.  And Bench appears to be a far better fit for the spread than White, who looks like a better pocket/deep ball option.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

I'm pretty sure that Reaves is a fan of Bench.  And Bench appears to be a far better fit for the spread than White, who looks like a better pocket/deep ball option.

Have heard that Reaves is indeed a fan of Bench but it doesn't matter since CWT is not

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Have heard that Reaves is indeed a fan of Bench but it doesn't matter since CWT is not

It depends how CWT heart to heart meeting with Harlan went.  CWT may have had an epiphany and "decide" to run things a little different this year.