• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

God's University, THE University of Central Florida, to add beach bar to their OCS Brighthouse Network Stadium

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

A lot cooler than red seats and a pirate ship

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

It doesn't look very big, but it seems to incorporate under the seating. Seems to help at Jaguars games.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Honestly, this is innovative and neat. We'll see how it's executed, but they'll get a lot of press every single game that's televised because it's unique. Detractors can talk about being far from a beach, but I loathe when the Pirate Ship gets a close up during our games. At least people think "beach trip" when they hear "Orlando" (or Tampa, for that matter).

Worst case, for them, they build over it if it sucks. We don't even currently have the option to experiment like this.

LOL ... No they don't. They think the Mouse ...  It's a cool idea but the pirate ship has just as much to do with Bulls as surfboards do with Kanigits.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Honestly, this is innovative and neat. We'll see how it's executed, but they'll get a lot of press every single game that's televised because it's unique. Detractors can talk about being far from a beach, but I loathe when the Pirate Ship gets a close up during our games. At least people think "beach trip" when they hear "Orlando" (or Tampa, for that matter).

Worst case, for them, they build over it if it sucks. We don't even currently have the option to experiment like this.

LOL ... No they don't. They think the Mouse ...  It's a cool idea but the pirate ship has just as much to do with Bulls as surfboards do with Kanigits.

I disagree. Well, not fully, people obviously think of the Mouse, but to someone from outside FL you cannot mention a renowned city like Orlando and avoid "beach" in the discussion. This panders to that audience. I.e. 95% of the ESPN crowd.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

I disagree. Well, not fully, people obviously think of the Mouse, but to someone from outside FL you cannot mention a renowned city like Orlando and avoid "beach" in the discussion. This panders to that audience. I.e. 95% of the ESPN crowd.

I'll agree with Trip on this

Mention beach, people bring up Miami first, Tampa 2ndish (probably ahead of Ft Lauderdale), then they go to Pensacola.   Never heard anyone bring up Orlando... ever.

Orlando has an association with Micky Mouse and other theme parks.

And this is from talking to a lot of non-Floridians, and non-Americans

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I'll agree with Trip on this

Mention beach, people bring up Miami first, Tampa 2ndish (probably ahead of Ft Lauderdale), then they go to Pensacola.   Never heard anyone bring up Orlando... ever.

Orlando has an association with Micky Mouse and other theme parks.

And this is from talking to a lot of non-Floridians, and non-Americans

+2 

Having lived out of state with tons of non-native Floridians, Orlando is Disney country first and foremost.  It's also about 66th on the list when associating a city in Florida with the beach.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

My anecdotal evidence having lived in Seattle and New York, among others, and given countless people advice on their FL trips - many of whom own condos or time shares ~45 minutes away on the Space Coast - must be significantly worse than your guys. I apologize.

FIFY - Their "beach" is a freaking joke, they ought to make it a giant mouse trap that snaps down whenever they're scored on, because they suck.

• Topic Count:  339
  • Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

I'm okay with trying to put in a club type viewing area, but a beach theme at a college football game seems a little cheesy.  I could see this at FAU or FIU to attract fans, but I didn't think UCF needed gimicky stuff like this to attract people after their recent success.  

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  1

With the completion of the Beach Bar......the stadium will now be referred to as the "C-Cup Stadium.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

The sand doubles as vomit absorbant, should've put it closer to the student section.