• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

God's University, THE University of Central Florida, to add beach bar to their OCS Brighthouse Network Stadium

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  615
  • Days Won:  1

UCF topics are the great divider of the USF fanbase :stirpot:

The pier at Cocoa Beach and New Smyrna are 2 of the best surfing spots in the State and not that far from UCF. Nothing comparable to SoCal swells like Danm1983 mentioned

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

60% of the country is a coastal state? News to me.

Not sure how you got that. Looks to me like what he's saying is 40% of the country is 45 minutes from the beach ... and in this case, I don't think "country" is being used in the geographical sense ... so that may well be more accurate.

40% of the population lives in a county that borders the ocean.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,463
  • Days Won:  422

UCF topics are the great divider of the USF fanbase :stirpot:

Meh, top 5 maybe but not THE great divider ... and honestly, true USF fans are only one side of that divide, anyway. B)

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Sigh. Guys, it doesn't matter *where* you mention. In my experience one of the following *will* be brought up in regards to Florida in a conversation greater than 10 minutes.

1. The weather

2. Beaches

3. Theme parks

4. Old people

Regardless of whether you're talking about Tampa, Orlando, Miami, Jacksonville, Gainesville, Tallahassee, etc.

I don't think some guy from Iowa is going to see this "beach" and point and laugh to all his boys chowing down on corn "HA HA HA THAT'S NOT GEOGRAPHICALLY ACCURATE, THEY'RE 45 MINS AWAY FROM THE BEACH" - which, by the way, is infinitely closer than 90% of the rest of the country.

you forgot Publix subs ...

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Honestly, this is innovative and neat. We'll see how it's executed, but they'll get a lot of press every single game that's televised because it's unique. Detractors can talk about being far from a beach, but I loathe when the Pirate Ship gets a close up during our games. At least people think "beach trip" when they hear "Orlando" (or Tampa, for that matter).

Worst case, for them, they build over it if it sucks. We don't even currently have the option to experiment like this.

It's par for the course in Orlando, the land of make believe. There are no beaches remotely close to Oviedo, so they make one that wobbles. There have never been knights or pegasi in Orlando, so they adopt as primary and secondary mascots. I'll be looking forward to beating the Knights next year at their house.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  98
  • Days Won:  0

Honestly, this is innovative and neat. We'll see how it's executed, but they'll get a lot of press every single game that's televised because it's unique. Detractors can talk about being far from a beach, but I loathe when the Pirate Ship gets a close up during our games. At least people think "beach trip" when they hear "Orlando" (or Tampa, for that matter).

Worst case, for them, they build over it if it sucks. We don't even currently have the option to experiment like this.

It's par for the course in Orlando, the land of make believe. There are no beaches remotely close to Oviedo, so they make one that wobbles. There have never been knights or pegasi in Orlando, so they adopt as primary and secondary mascots. I'll be looking forward to beating the Knights next year at their house.

mj-laughing.gif

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Lost in all of the beach discussion, is that UCF is also  expanding Club Section in the shadow of the Tower. Stansbury has  grown tired of  a sold out section with a multi year wait for fans wanting those seats, so he is taking out seats, to expand the True Club Section. I sit right next to the club section, I will probably be offered a move.