• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BJ And Sam's Game Day Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

They said he was put on active roster to reward him for all his hard work....Pete Carroll is definitely a fan of BJs

Who isn't?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Kawika Mitchell â€@KawikaMitchell 2h2 hours ago

Shout out to @Sam_Barrington_ . Love your style bra. Nothing but greatness ahead of you. #USFBullFamily #LBTradition

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Loyalty is great but I would think that he would be getting tired of riding the pine while other teams want him on their active.

Also, I am proud of Barrington tonight. Go Bulls!

Um, I hate to rain on your parade.  But he's spent two years on the practice squad.  If any other NFL team wanted him on their active roster they could have signed him at almost any point in the last two years.  This week he was promoted from the practice squad to the 53 man roster, meaning he was there all season and no one else wanted to sign him to their 53 man roster.

Kawika Mitchell â€@KawikaMitchell 2h2 hours ago

Shout out to @Sam_Barrington_ . Love your style bra. Nothing but greatness ahead of you. #USFBullFamily #LBTradition

Barrigton has always been on my list of favorite Bulls ever.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  151
  • Days Won:  0

Not correct at all. You didn't read the article. It mentioned that he was sought after by a few teams this season but chose to stay with Seattle for more money.

Loyalty is great but I would think that he would be getting tired of riding the pine while other teams want him on their active.

Um, I hate to rain on your parade.  But he's spent two years on the practice squad.  If any other NFL team wanted him on their active roster they could have signed him at almost any point in the last two years.  This week he was promoted from the practice squad to the 53 man roster, meaning he was there all season and no one else wanted to sign him to their 53 man roster.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

What a game

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

The article that was referred to and linked earlier ...  http://seattletimes.com/html/seahawks/2025481357_seahawksdaniels17xml.html

A few weeks ago, though, the Seahawks almost lost Daniels as a few other teams sent feelers his way. Players can be signed to active rosters off practice squads at any time.

“There were other teams trying to tug at me and pull me out the back door,’’ he said.

Daniels said it was initially tempting to move to a team that wanted him on its active roster.

“Your goal isn’t to make the NFL, it’s to play in the NFL, so yeah, it was at first,’’ he said.

Seattle, though, then took the somewhat rare — and perfectly legal — step of raising Daniels’ salary from the practice squad rate (the minimum is $6,300 a week) to an active roster rate (roughly $30,000 a week) to convince him to stay.

I had no idea that it was at the players discretion to leave the practice squad if another team came calling. 

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

boy usf sports  must be in the toilet that we have threads like this

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

Um, I hate to rain on your parade. But he's spent two years on the practice squad. If any other NFL team wanted him on their active roster they could have signed him at almost any point in the last two years. This week he was promoted from the practice squad to the 53 man roster, meaning he was there all season and no one else wanted to sign him to their 53 man roster.

The article that was referred to and linked earlier ... http://seattletimes.com/html/seahawks/2025481357_seahawksdaniels17xml.html

A few weeks ago, though, the Seahawks almost lost Daniels as a few other teams sent feelers his way. Players can be signed to active rosters off practice squads at any time.

“There were other teams trying to tug at me and pull me out the back door,’’ he said.

Daniels said it was initially tempting to move to a team that wanted him on its active roster.

“Your goal isn’t to make the NFL, it’s to play in the NFL, so yeah, it was at first,’’ he said.

Seattle, though, then took the somewhat rare — and perfectly legal — step of raising Daniels’ salary from the practice squad rate (the minimum is $6,300 a week) to an active roster rate (roughly $30,000 a week) to convince him to stay.

I had no idea that it was at the players discretion to leave the practice squad if another team came calling.

Yes, it's up to the player. Handful of guys get paid the active roster salary.

Wouldn't surprise me if Arizona was a team offering, which gives Seattle plenty of reason for the raise.

Not correct at all. You didn't read the article. It mentioned that he was sought after by a few teams this season but chose to stay with Seattle for more money.

Ah, so it is.  Except they offered him the same money the other teams would have paid him, not more. Interesting nontheless.