• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BJ Daniels ACTIVE ROSTER for NFC Championship game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Yeah and people used to hate on him here........LMAO We all wish we had someone with 1/4 of his ability now.

Hmmm.  I guess you missed the position change.  And I don't ever recall anyone hating him.  Most just didn't think he was the greatest QB in the entire universe, as some around here did.

So I don't really see how your post is relevant until he is a starting and winning QB in the NFL.

Ummmm just saying he is a bit more talented of a player than the "player's" we currently have. Never said he is Aaron Rogers

Yeah, he's now a fifth string WR and it took him two whole years to get there.  We've had plenty of players go to the NFL and become immediate starters.  

Your point was that you believe BJ was torched on this board, but he wasn't.  He was accurately portrayed as an athletic QB, our best QB, who was far from an elite QB (as you just stated).  So your original point was off base.

Somehow this became a multi-page thread.  I'm ashamed to have participated.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

Yeah and people used to hate on him here........LMAO We all wish we had someone with 1/4 of his ability now.

Hmmm.  I guess you missed the position change.  And I don't ever recall anyone hating him.  Most just didn't think he was the greatest QB in the entire universe, as some around here did.

So I don't really see how your post is relevant until he is a starting and winning QB in the NFL.

Ummmm just saying he is a bit more talented of a player than the "player's" we currently have. Never said he is Aaron Rogers

Yeah, he's now a fifth string WR and it took him two whole years to get there.  We've had plenty of players go to the NFL and become immediate starters.  

Your point was that you believe BJ was torched on this board, but he wasn't.  He was accurately portrayed as an athletic QB, our best QB, who was far from an elite QB (as you just stated).  So your original point was off base.

You seem BJ Butthurt...

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Find the clip of Clint watching baseball on TV with the dog next to him. A USF baseball player is hitting on TV. Best movie ever LOL

I have the DVD - will have to watch again and look out for that.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Cant believe it took 3 pages for this:

Happy for BJ

Always.

Man you guys are slippin'

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Once a Bull, always a Bull

Go BJ! Go Sam!

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

I've always been a fan of Daniels. Maquel told me when he first started working out with BJ that he would be the best QB USF ever had if he reached his potential (and this was when Matt Grothe was tearing things up for us). Part of what did BJ in was the inconsistency of the coaches he worked with over his time at the helm - how many different coordinators? I remember fighting people in thread after thread about how good BJ was even though we were taking loss after loss on the chin. I can't remember what game it was, but I remember BJ trying to make something happen late when we were trailing and he fumbled the ball one play after making a very educated clock stopping decision the play before. The board was in an up roar with him. I know the fumble cost us the game, but the play before was so savvy on his part, I knew we had someone special. He had his bumps along the way, but the kid was all heart. I would take him into battle on or off the football field based on his determination. The guy never quit on USF when USF quit on him. Just my take.

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

I've always been a fan of Daniels. Maquel told me when he first started working out with BJ that he would be the best QB USF ever had if he reached his potential (and this was when Matt Grothe was tearing things up for us). Part of what did BJ in was the inconsistency of the coaches he worked with over his time at the helm - how many different coordinators? I remember fighting people in thread after thread about how good BJ was even though we were taking loss after loss on the chin. I can't remember what game it was, but I remember BJ trying to make something happen late when we were trailing and he fumbled the ball one play after making a very educated clock stopping decision the play before. The board was in an up roar with him. I know the fumble cost us the game, but the play before was so savvy on his part, I knew we had someone special. He had his bumps along the way, but the kid was all heart. I would take him into battle on or off the football field based on his determination. The guy never quit on USF when USF quit on him. Just my take.

West virginia 2011 iirc.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

West virginia 2011 iirc.

If he does not fumble at the end of that game Skip is still our coach.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

West virginia 2011 iirc.

If he does not fumble at the end of that game Skip is still our coach.

Tie game ... 3 minutes to go ... 1st and 10 on the WVU 28 when he fumbled. Considering Bonani had already missed a 27 yd chip shot that would have beaten Rutgers a few games earlier, no fumble definitely doesn't mean an automatic win ..... but we would have had a little better chance. B)

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

You seem BJ Butthurt...

Not in the least, as I've stated several times.

I'm happy for BJ.  I just don't see how him taking two years to be on an active roster as a reserve WR proves he is/was a great QB.  I fail to see the correlation.