• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Tulane probably is a NIT squad.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

Tulane probably is a NIT squad.

Yes I would think that too. Going to be hard for the AAC to get too many teams like we did in the BIG EAST days. AAC is more than likely a 2 to 3 bid league right now for the NCAA. 

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I am starting to get the feeling we are still another 2 years or so before we even become somewhat competitive in this conference. Non of these young guys don't show signs of being able to carry a team. Perry has become a huge question mark.

As far as the current team, hard to win against any team shooting near 33%. Especially when your supposed go to guys disappear completely.

The one thing I really don't understand. I thought this was supposed to be an attacking offense. Why are we always lacking in free throw attempts? Today we only went to the line 5 times?

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Offense is weird. It isn't attacking, but it is not a stand around. It is fluid, but we get nowhere.

Unexplainable

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

We should call it the oxymoron offense.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

I am starting to get the feeling we are still another 2 years or so before we even become somewhat competitive in this conference. Non of these young guys don't show signs of being able to carry a team. Perry has become a huge question mark.

As far as the current team, hard to win against any team shooting near 33%. Especially when your supposed go to guys disappear completely.

The one thing I really don't understand. I thought this was supposed to be an attacking offense. Why are we always lacking in free throw attempts? Today we only went to the line 5 times?

Because the majority of our players with experience transfered and Coach O was left scrambling to try and fill in the holes. We have three 4 star guys coming in this recruiting class and a 4 star point guard. We don't have the players to compete right now and it's showing. This isn't on Antigua yet.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  25
  • Days Won:  0

I was at the game today, sat right behind the bench mostly to watch COA interaction and team body language. Don't get to attend or watch many games but here are my quick thoughts. 

1. 100% agree they move the ball around well but it never seems to get a quality or open shot out of it. Weird to say.

2. Harlan was at the end of the bench and into game. Maybe not too hung over from Bourbon St. Doubt he makes that Tulsa trip.

3. I liked Holston/Ziegler attitude and effort. They can be D1 starters, Perry will be fine too.

4. I have a great iphone 6 slow mo of end of regulation volleys if anyone wants it. lol.

5. The brothers bench just looks like a Fredo Corleone thing. Im sure its happened elsewhere but it just looks odd since they look like twins.

6. COA carries himself as a head coach, walks the bench keeping players heads in game. Down 10 his reaction to players didn't waiver from confidence.

• Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

we need talent

Did you watch the game?

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

We needed one lucky tap from AC, Ziegler, OR Guerrero at the end to win - after being down double digits

We have the talent already to compete in the AAC.

We do need more talent to compete in the dance, but the talent we have needs to work better together.

- passes need to be crisper, we pass too late and too slowly

- our outside shooters need to drain threes - nobody knows why they're going down in practice but not in games

- we need to hustle more for the 50-50 balls - we're consistently being out-hustled by lesser talent

- we need to control the turnovers - IMO this is a mental thing brought on by a lack of confidence

When the boys start to gel, I think this team will go deep dancing. But the only way we're getting there this year is to win out at Hartford