• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

IDK if you could say he's "regressed" so much as that he's more suited to the half-court game CSH ran than the full-court game COA runs.

Yeah AC is not suited for Coach Antigua's system which is why COA is trying to sign a PG to play next season. In COA system the PG has to a threat to score thus putting pressure on the opposing defense. It's what he learned working for Coach Dixon and Coach Calipari. Just look around CBB nowadays, most teams have PGs that are scoring threats and we get killed at that position constantly because AC just isn't capable. When you lose the battle at the PG, which is the head, it's hard to win in basketball on any level.

Our backcourt has been dominated most games and the results show. Got to get better there and fast. Guys like Lyle(PG) and Eubanks(SG) start from day 1 if they come to USF.

Hence, why I say he was along for the ride a few years ago. His numbers are similar this season and he wasn't that good in the games he played last season. We're talking about replacing him as a senior PG simply because he's not good enough to play "in this system". This "system" is called basketball. If he can't run, he doesn't belong on a basketball court. If he can't score, he doesn't belong on a basketball court. That's what this "system" comes down to. I know many of you are just football fans and only come to the basketball threads because you're bored in the off-season and love to argue. This isn't football, there is no major scheme involved. Playing basketball is pretty simple if you're skilled enough in it. You can take any PG who is considered skilled in his position and put him in Heath's "system" or in Antigua's "system" and he'll play basketball in both to the best of his abilities. AC was using playing techniques that were a bit unusual at first and he was overlooked as a Freshman PG at South Florida. However, when you combine that different, slow, grinding style of play with the likes of a three point shooter in Fitzpatrick, the height and wingspan of Gilchrist, and the athleticism of Rudd, you start to have someone who overachieves until he doesn't. After AC was found out, he's basically been shut down, especially by the knowledgable coaches and guards. If you can't keep up with the other 9 players playing basketball on the court, you can't play on that court with those other players. If you put AC in a lower level of play like a D-II school, he would absolutely dominate. His style of play simply does not translate into victories on this level.

So, if AC was such a piece of crap then and has gotten worse since he was "found out", who in their right mind would predict a 20 win season and NCAA bid with nowhere near the experienced supporting cast of 2011-12? 

And btw, you may want to get yourself checked out for schizophrenia ...

Anthony Collins is 9th in the country with 7.4 assists per game. It's great having the General back.

http://thebullspen.com/topic/98710-hofstra/page-20

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Schizophrenia is the hallmark of a good Bulls fan!

A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of a simple mind. Emerson

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

And btw, you may want to get yourself checked out for schizophrenia ...

Throw in some criticism management classes, and I think you may be spot on in your assessment, Dr. Trips. :D

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Someone else mentioned they thought AC shoud be a Globetrotter - hopefully COA can get AC a tryout with them after graduation. Would LOVE to see AC playing for them.

Are they still around?

AND.... The got a girl now! Hottie too!

Uhhhh...I don't know if they would get my bucks. This does not look like Lemon, Neil, etc.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

Uhhhh...I don't know if they would get my bucks. This does not look like Lemon, Neil, etc.

Kind of like not buying the remakes of classic "sports" movies such as Bad New Bears, The Longest Yard, etc ..

Kind of like not buying the remakes of classic "sports" movies such as Bad New Bears, The Longest Yard, etc ..

True

More like wishing this year's team was the '27 Yankees...

:facepalm: