• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

RJS Renovations

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

http://tam.scout.com/story/1500026-raymond-james-stadium-to-get-renovations

I know they recently did some work on the concessions before the 2014 season, this seems to note that there are some other things planned. looks mostly related to concessions and a team store, but does mention something about a tailgate area on the north side (though the rollercoaster/flume ride stuff seems a bit much), and some video board upgrades.

i would definitely be in favor of some nicer video boards, esp since that seems to be the new arms race - being able to have super high def video screens, as well as areas for scores of other games and information being we're in the fantasy era.

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  433
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah, Jax renovated their stadium and surpassed RayJay.  Never thought I would say that, but it's true.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

I know they recently did some work on the concessions before the 2014 season, this seems to note that there are some other things planned. looks mostly related to concessions and a team store, but does mention something about a tailgate area on the north side (though the rollercoaster/flume ride stuff seems a bit much), and some video board upgrades.

i would definitely be in favor of some nicer video boards, esp since that seems to be the new arms race - being able to have super high def video screens, as well as areas for scores of other games and information being we're in the fantasy era.

As the above article shows plus the one from last year, Bucs are trying to get out of spending any money in upgrading the 1998 Video Boards (some of the oldset in the NFL, if not the oldest today).

Bucs seek delay in upgrading old video boards

http://www.tampabay.com/news/localgovernment/bucs-seek-delay-in-replacing-video-scoreboards-at-raymond-james-stadium/2159391

Believe TSA promised the NCAA that new video boards will be in place for the Jan 2017 National Championship Game.

Edited by Knight_Light

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  487

That article is from January 2014.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

As the above article shows plus the one from last year, Bucs are trying to get out of spending any money in upgrading the 1998 Video Boards (some of the oldset in the NFL, if not the oldest today).

Bucs seek delay in upgrading old video boards

http://www.tampabay.com/news/localgovernment/bucs-seek-delay-in-replacing-video-scoreboards-at-raymond-james-stadium/2159391

Believe TSA promised the NCAA that new video boards will be in place for the Jan 2017 National Championship Game.

You see, K_L, this is the kind of bs that gets your posts moved. The current article doesn't say a thing about the Bucs trying to get out of spending money and the article you posted from last year doesn't either. In fact .....

The Tampa Sports Authority, the governmental body that runs the stadium, has been prepared to make the switch since at least early last year and has been preparing for longer than that. But it's actually the Bucs asking them to hold off, Sports Authority officials say.

The team may want to go bigger and fancier on the scoreboards, and early indications are that the Bucs owners may be willing to pick up the cost difference if they opt to go that route, said one Sports Authority member.

"The Buccaneers want to make Raymond James a state-of-the-art facility, similar to what it was when it opened in 1998," said Hillsborough County Commissioner Ken Hagan, who serves on the Sports Authority. "Candidly, our scoreboard is archaic. I believe the Bucs want to make it something beyond just another scoreboard."

It may end up that they don't spend any money, but nothing posted here shows that ...

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,425
  • Days Won:  19

As long as they don't use tax payer money -- sure.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  137

That article is from January 2014.

He did say "plus the one from last year" about the article from last year...

I barely even look up to the boards from my seat anymore as they look like complete garbage.  Guess they're ok with them since it saves the Glazers a few pennies doing nothing about them each year.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

They should tear down the upper decks

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

They should put in a club in the north end zone.....  "rolls eyes"....  that pissing me off every time I go to a Dolphins game....  Which by the way, they are ripping that place a part right now.....  new updates on their way...

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

They should put in a club in the north end zone.....  "rolls eyes"....  that pissing me off every time I go to a Dolphins game....  Which by the way, they are ripping that place a part right now.....  new updates on their way...

BqgaZ8-IcAEsIA9.jpg

http://www.miamidolphins.com/newstadium.html

Love the open canopy idea to help with shade for the Miami sun/heat and and rain.

Also:

The $350 million renovation will be funded entirely out-of-pocket by owner Stephen Ross, with an agreement with Miami-Dade County that it pay the team every time Sun Life hosts a major event.

- http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/6/19/5824758/dolphins-stadium-renovation-plans-sun-life

I think it's a great idea, since if the renovations brings in Super Bowls, it brings in big money in the local economy.  

Based on sites I've read, Super Bowls bring in about $500 Million to the host city. Miami would pay the Dolphins $4 Million.

Win-Win situation

Edited by Dogma