• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OCS for Temple University - "Gold Mine" or Gamble"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Need to get rid of the hard plastic helmets and pads and get the game closer to its roots in rugby.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

How about all DBs and LBs play man. No zone. Would eliminate the big hit.

Add pads to all players pants. No more skins.

However, the big hits are what ESPN pimps at every turn.

I'd love our own OCS one day. Not sure it will be in my lifetime. Got to make fiscal sense.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,537
  • Days Won:  422

I believe Tulane OCS success will have other schools consider to build an OCS. Tulane was playing in the SuperDome and the attendence was about 10K in that huge Superdome. Now they built a nice OCS that is smaller to fit their demands. The atmosphere and increase in attendence was a great success for Tulane. I am happy for them. 

Attendance in their last year at the Dome averaged around 20K, not 10K. This year they got some bumps in attendance with Georgia Tech and 5 hour away Memphis but the other games were around that same 20K mark. I'm sure the atmosphere is a lot better than in the cavernous dome but doesn't appear the location move spurred a great jump in attendance.

And Akron's record since their move on campus is 16-56. So even if we had built while the iron was hot, if everything else played out the same, we'd be in the respectively same situation as Akron ...

Four consecutive years of 40k+ per game would certainly arouse interest. Until those numbers are reached there will be no serious discussions by USF.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,747
  • Days Won:  3

Four consecutive years of 40k+ per game would certainly arouse interest. Until those numbers are reached there will be no serious discussions by USF.

Sounds like the voice of reason.

Just think about that...40K/game. And that doesn't mean the bogus 'tickets distributed' number, it means through the turnstile excuse-me-that's-my-seat type of tally. It's not like USF turns a blind eye to the TSA numbers. 

I don't know what season ticket sales are going to be like this year...but I'm going to just guess that this will be another year of net decrease. Building an OCS in light of our current predicament would be a tough sell. I always just tuck away for future reference the idea that the OCS will, by its very existence, garner greater student attendance, as I sit in the Sun Dome...  :FIREdevil:

We'll get there someday Wooly. To big with to many resources not to. Will be longer than most want.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  98
  • Days Won:  0

Whatever you all do with your stadium (or not), be sure to get our input since it is off-campus home game every other year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8JKgFEvTDo#t=21

• Downvote 1

I'll do my best.  Impressive.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I believe Tulane OCS success will have other schools consider to build an OCS. Tulane was playing in the SuperDome and the attendence was about 10K in that huge Superdome. Now they built a nice OCS that is smaller to fit their demands. The atmosphere and increase in attendence was a great success for Tulane. I am happy for them.

We don't know their success, it's too early. Attendance is down at football games across the nation. And Tampa isn't New Orleans. They have a lot or residents that walk to the game, close to the stadium.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

cant justify building a stadium for usf

the fans wouldn't support it

and the program is so bad how can you justify it