• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OCS for Temple University - "Gold Mine" or Gamble"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

Always insightful.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,342
  • Days Won:  43

I believe Tulane OCS success will have other schools consider to build an OCS. Tulane was playing in the SuperDome and the attendence was about 10K in that huge Superdome. Now they built a nice OCS that is smaller to fit their demands. The atmosphere and increase in attendence was a great success for Tulane. I am happy for them.

We don't know their success, it's too early. Attendance is down at football games across the nation. And Tampa isn't New Orleans. They have a lot or residents that walk to the game, close to the stadium.

The AAC Commish already called it a success. He also hinted at USF needing an OCS to be able to compete. So there is that. 

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  487
  • Days Won:  0

There's no reason for Go5 teams to build new stadiums at this time. The P5 is doing all it can to widen the gap, and it's only going to get worse for the little guys. From a funding standpoint, if private donors want to completely fund the project then build it, but don't tax the students or community. Student activity fees are already too high.