• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls vs ecu

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

It's supposed to wake you up and get you fired up for the game, not put you to sleep!

That's what the fight song is for. The national anthem really should only be played at international sporting events and really, really big national sporting events ...

Que?  Pretty sure all my life starting with high school games that they've played the national anthem?  That's a lot of years ago.

They played it at my hs school games, too .... which was probably even a lot more years ago. Just saying that, IMO, it's a tired, waste of time, old tradition at EVERY sporting event imaginable and should be used primarily for international and large scale national sporting events ... Dang, that looks pretty bad when I write it down, but it's just a pet peeve of mine.

goldern kommunist, aintcha

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

The Anthem should be played/sung for the purpose of honoring the country, not to honor yourself by trying to show off your virtuosity.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

It's supposed to wake you up and get you fired up for the game, not put you to sleep!

That's what the fight song is for. The national anthem really should only be played at international sporting events and really, really big national sporting events ...

Que?  Pretty sure all my life starting with high school games that they've played the national anthem?  That's a lot of years ago.

They played it at my hs school games, too .... which was probably even a lot more years ago. Just saying that, IMO, it's a tired, waste of time, old tradition at EVERY sporting event imaginable and should be used primarily for international and large scale national sporting events ... Dang, that looks pretty bad when I write it down, but it's just a pet peeve of mine.

My daughter's been signing it at MLB Spring Training games in Jupiter since she was 9.  Crowd's tend to like to start the game...but as you might imagine, these crowds are full of baseball fans (old & young), who are fairly traditional.  It's been a great experience for her, and a chance to high give some amazing players (but she knows none of them...not a sports fan).

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Days Won:  0

My daughter's been signing it at MLB Spring Training games in Jupiter since she was 9.  Crowd's tend to like to start the game...but as you might imagine, these crowds are full of baseball fans (old & young), who are fairly traditional.  It's been a great experience for her, and a chance to high give some amazing players (but she knows none of them...not a sports fan).

Congrats, that's a pretty high honor. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

The Anthem should be played/sung for the purpose of honoring the country, not to honor yourself by trying to show off your virtuosity.

It's all about the Home Of The BULLS!!!!!!!!!!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

And maybe if most were done like they were supposed to be, I wouldn't be a goldern kommie regarding this ... This years's bb games has just inflamed it even more. I'm there to watch our hoops team try to get back on track and it's put on hold game after game by a 20 minute rendition by some cowboy.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

Triple B: "The national anthem really should only be played at international sporting events and really, really big national sporting events .."

That is soooo f-d up. So glad that's not the case.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

Triple B: "The national anthem really should only be played at international sporting events and really, really big national sporting events .."

And you're entitled to your opinion ......... unless it's about USF sports.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

And you're entitled to your opinion ......... unless it's about USF sports.

My friend from Australia thought it was very weird how we play the national anthem before everything in this country. He also didn't understand why we have flags everywhere, on our houses, on poles driving down the road. It was pretty funny trying to explain it to him, but in the end, I couldn't give him a legitimate reason why. I just said we're really patriotic because of wars and stuff and 'merica.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Always great to get a victory.