• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls Lose RB Coach

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

Glad for all he did, but hate to lose that link to Dade County.  I do wonder if this is an indictment on the confidence in CWT.  It's a lateral move to a P5 school, far from home (assuming it's the same position).  I worry that Lockette didn't see the improvement we're hoping for, and got out while the getting was good.

It's a pay a raise to go work at a P5 school for a good friend and a guy (Anderson) that coached him (Lockett) in college... and Anderson tried to hire him a few years ago... he'll be recruiting all of Florida for Oregon State.

Moreover, he wasn't getting off a sinking ship.  He wanted to get more Dade players to USF, but Taggart wants a different direction... Taggart really wants to create a "State of Tampa Bay."  While there are a lot of great Dade players... losing a Dade connection isn't as big of a blow if we're able to start locking down more State of Tampa Bay players.

Taggart wants a different direction? What's he telling the coaches? "Hey guys, forget about the most talent rich area of the world for college football recruits less than 300 miles away, we're going to build a fence around Tampa."? Sorry, but we aren't exactly in the situation where we're telling kids in Miami, "Sorry we have too many kids begging to come play for us in the Tampa Bay area that we just don't have room for you". 

I am the first to rag on Taggart for his performance and decisions, but there is absolutely, positively, ZERO CHANCE Taggart "wants to go in a different direction" from recruiting the Miami area. Does he want to make the Tampa Bay area a priority? Sure, of course. Only an imbecile would coach in this state and not want a good resource with ties to the Miami area for recruiting. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

We were a last place joke with him. Don't see how we can't be a last place joke without him.

Good point, I guess it would be like getting sad for losing a busted condom

Not so funny...if there were two bright spots this year it was recruiting and RBs. Now the guy who presumably played a significant role in that is gone, and it's no big deal? I disagree.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

I can't wait for the first good news to come out before they try to sell season tickets this year.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  693

I can't wait for the first good news to come out before they try to sell season tickets this year.

I'm waiting for the "buy season tickets and get a voucher for a free Coke at every home game" email like Men's BB sent me. I couldn't help but roll over and laugh at that awful offer. I hope FB has something better up their sleeve.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

I'm waiting for the "buy season tickets and get a voucher for a free Coke at every home game" email like Men's BB sent me. I couldn't help but roll over and laugh at that awful offer. I hope FB has something better up their sleeve.

How about a publix sub...

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I think Publix should just throw in FB season tickets with every sub purchase where someone upgrades to Boar's Head meat and cheese.

Now you're speaking my language.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

The news year has come and gone, sadly it's a lot of nothing ....

1)  Fired some coaches

2)  Hired some replacements

3)  Going to the spread

4)  Hired a firm to evaluate the feasibility of an OCS

More unknowns....

1) Who's going to be our QB

2) What version of the spread are we going to run (latest I heard was the Pistol)

3) Will Willie really run an fast past offense and open it up

4) Who's going to replace Lockette

5) Is Kinnan joining the staff

6) Ticket rep mentioned they are going to make some favorable changes in the seasaon ticket renewals 

7) Will Hairball hire CWT :) ?

Edited by Bulls2k

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

I think Publix should just throw in FB season tickets with every sub purchase where someone upgrades to Boar's Head meat and cheese.

The reverse promotion.  I like it.

Submaker: "Sir would you like to make that a combo?" 

Me: "Does it come with 2 extra tickets?" 

Submaker: "It comes with 4!!!"

Me: "Sold"