• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF Loses Their DC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

While it's great for the stability of the program over the last ten years, if he wears out his welcome and recruiting and other aspects suffer, UCF may have to endure an era of rebuilding (hopefully not as bad as USF's), but then that all depends on the future hire, and it's somewhat a crapshoot these days.

I can't be the only hater in here. If they go through another rebuilding period, I hope it's the same, if not worse than what we've had to endure.  :ph34r:  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

While it's great for the stability of the program over the last ten years, if he wears out his welcome and recruiting and other aspects suffer, UCF may have to endure an era of rebuilding (hopefully not as bad as USF's), but then that all depends on the future hire, and it's somewhat a crapshoot these days.

I can't be the only hater in here. If they go through another rebuilding period, I hope it's the same, if not worse than what we've had to endure.  :ph34r:  

You're not. I read the red, bolded part and almost puked. What the hell kind of rivalry is this???

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

lol whambulance

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  615
  • Days Won:  1

Lateral, but I bet that buyout money doesn't hurt (from UF for McElwain).

Looks like Summers was a GA under Bobo, so there's a personal connection.

UCF was losing some pretty good personnel this year anyways, their defense was really good, kept them in games. Maybe that DB coach moves up to DC now (seeing UCF DBs get burned during the year makes me not want their DB coach).

the UCF defense was good but the #s were inflated bc of the schedule. You guys and SMU's offense helped that ranking

There are a lot of rumors going around that a few more assistants are on the way out. O'leary should have retired after the Fiesta Bowl on the highest note so the next staff can get long term commitments.

From the outside, this doesn't look good for UCF. What's your take?

In the short term it's easy for USF fans to want UCF to struggle, but I think long term success for both teams is best for both programs. Hope you guys figure it out.

I'm worried to be honest. O'leary seems like the type that will overstay his welcome and like I said last season would have been the perfect time for him to walk away. The frustrating part is that GOL seems to neglect the recruiting side of things so while Summers had a few hiccups with x&os , he's made up for it by being one of the few player's coaches on this staff that had a chance to be one of the best recruiters. It's going to be hard to have a good recruiting class with GOL and a bunch of his old fart friends that he brings in for a season or 2

Next year may end up being an 8-4 type of year. The offense may get better (Worton is gone I think, Perriman is back, right?), but the defense may get worse with youth, but with how GOL coaches, I could see the team starting out slow again, and the last 4-5 games may get it together.

Honestly, I'm curious what type of interest would be in the UCF job if GOL left. With the recent successes, it could attract some quality P5 coordinators or recent coaches who have taken a year or two off and looking to get back in the game. On the other hand, whereas a school like Boise lost a coach or two and has had continued success, GOL not being a "young" coach looking for a better job may end up backfiring in the end. While it's great for the stability of the program over the last ten years, if he wears out his welcome and recruiting and other aspects suffer, UCF may have to endure an era of rebuilding (hopefully not as bad as USF's), but then that all depends on the future hire, and it's somewhat a crapshoot these days. Just wonder if the Mario Cristobal types would be looking to jump on UCF, or if they'd end up hoping to hire the next young coach on his way up to bigger and better things. At least the facilities and investments are there to lure in someone decent.

The rumor is current assistant Coach Key would be the favorite to replace O'leary. I think a lot of fans would be upset if they didn't open up the search to gauge what names would be interested. Every option is risk 

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,039
  • Days Won:  11

You're not. I read the red, bolded part and almost puked. What the hell kind of rivalry is this???

i could be wrong, but i believe danm went to UCF as well as USF

i could be wrong, but i believe danm went to UCF as well as USF

Ah, that would explain the egregious behavior then...

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

orlando school has a good program going these days

orlando school has a good program going these days

Not as good as Colorado State apparently ...

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Days Won:  1