• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF vs. Detroit - Official Men's Basketball Game Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

We lack upperclassmen who can come off the bench and contribute. That was evident against Bama. This team is not a cohesive unit yet, but the season is still young. We may find a groove and get at least an NIT invite. The season is not over. We need to stop the sloppy play to open games and get these nerves under control. Once that is done we will be fine. Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

20 wins!!!!

This isn't the same team. No one could see this team from the team that played the first 4 or 5 games. This is a 12 win team. That was a 20 win team. They have some things to work out with coach.
The first few games were vs **** teams, anyone who ever expected 20 wins is clueless. That's why I have called you out since you said it.

It was the style that they were playing, not them winning that made me say that. I still stand by them doing much better than they're predicted.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

20 wins!!!!

This isn't the same team. No one could see this team from the team that played the first 4 or 5 games. This is a 12 win team. That was a 20 win team. They have some things to work out with coach.
The first few games were vs **** teams, anyone who ever expected 20 wins is clueless. That's why I have called you out since you said it.

It was the style that they were playing, not them winning that made me say that. I still stand by them doing much better than they're predicted.

Hope you're right! :D

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

We suck at everything. Usf's athletics moniker.

Nah, don't like it. You keep it.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

If Perry is going to be trash we will not win many more games.

This is it here. Our frontcourt has been awful lately and that's the reason why the team is starting to struggle. We don't have the guard play other than Allen, to makeup for the lack of production from the front court players. Collins is not a scorer at the PG spot like Antigua would prefer, Morillo is streaky, and the freshmen guards are still finding their way.

Bo Zeigler has to be the all time worse FT shooter. He's so bad that unless he has an uncontested dunk can you really allow him to try and be a scorer around the basket? Cousins lacks energy, effort, and skills every game, and Chris Perry has gone M.I.A. Ruben Guerrero has potential and needs to play more because he tries but his lack of experience is hurting him on both sides of the ball.

This team can and should have a solid season but Perry has to get it done almost every night or they won't. It's really no excuse for him because he has experience and the talent to be better.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Like the fans, the coaches had to find out what each of the players bring to the team. And playing lower competition didn't help.

Clearly, this team can play well. Look at how close it was at NC State.

It's still so early in the season. And we have a really good coaching staff.

The number one issue was depth. I think we got really lucky on that -so far. Well, let's say that it could have gone badly in the last few weeks.

Now, it's about players doing their part and playing as a team. At Detroit, I didn't see a team with an identity, not on offense and not on defense.

If they play as individuals, this team is not going to do very well.

I'll go out on a limb and say that this is an NIT team at the end of the season; we have enough talent and bodies to do it.

GO BULLS!

Edited by BasketBull2014

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707
  • Days Won:  1

If Perry is going to be trash we will not win many more games.

This is it here. Our frontcourt has been awful lately and that's the reason why the team is starting to struggle. We don't have the guard play other than Allen, to makeup for the lack of production from the front court players. Collins is not a scorer at the PG spot like Antigua would prefer, Morillo is streaky, and the freshmen guards are still finding their way.

Bo Zeigler has to be the all time worse FT shooter. He's so bad that unless he has an uncontested dunk can you really allow him to try and be a scorer around the basket? Cousins lacks energy, effort, and skills every game, and Chris Perry has gone M.I.A. Ruben Guerrero has potential and needs to play more because he tries but his lack of experience is hurting him on both sides of the ball.

This team can and should have a solid season but Perry has to get it done almost every night or they won't. It's really no excuse for him because he has experience and the talent to be better.

All of this seems to be spot on to me. I like Morrillo, but it seems like he has the green light everytime he touches the ball no matter how the look is and he is happy to chuck it up. I like Guerrero, he's a lanky presence that we need down-low, but he is still very very raw. Then there's Perry....oh Perry.... I have faith in the kid, but he's killing me. I'm not sure what's going on with cousins, I had high expectations from him

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

I didnt like what I heard on the radio. Missed FT's. Turnovers. This will be a long year, but I think COA will turn it around by next season. Future is bright.