• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who on the UAB roster is worth looking at?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,241
  • Days Won:  0

Not sure how many remember this, but UAB was program that many people felt USF should model themselves after...if the losses and fan apathy continue to mount and the dollars continue to dwindle, we may end up modeling them after all.

Reading the UAB news definitely got me thinking about USF's situation. If USF continues to lose support and games, would fans or administrators start to talk about shutting down the football program? If we continue this trend for 5+ more years I wouldn't be opposed to it. Give the athletics fees back to the students and focus on academics, with basketball being the primary sport.

I don't think its out of the question. We missed the boat and nothing we do going forward will matter in CFB. You'll see more programs shut down with the power 5 squeezing the smaller programs out.

I follow our games but we are a joke as a program and even if we had a great year it really wouldn't matter much.

Wanted to go to the ucf game, used to go to them all, but I decided I'd rather save the $40x2 on tickets to watch us get clobbered and go black fri shopping instead. Many like me, that's why the stands are a sea of red nowadays.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

No

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Not sure how many remember this, but UAB was program that many people felt USF should model themselves after...if the losses and fan apathy continue to mount and the dollars continue to dwindle, we may end up modeling them after all.

Reading the UAB news definitely got me thinking about USF's situation. If USF continues to lose support and games, would fans or administrators start to talk about shutting down the football program? If we continue this trend for 5+ more years I wouldn't be opposed to it. Give the athletics fees back to the students and focus on academics, with basketball being the primary sport.

I don't think its out of the question. We missed the boat and nothing we do going forward will matter in CFB. You'll see more programs shut down with the power 5 squeezing the smaller programs out.

I follow our games but we are a joke as a program and even if we had a great year it really wouldn't matter much.

Wanted to go to the ucf game, used to go to them all, but I decided I'd rather save the $40x2 on tickets to watch us get clobbered and go black fri shopping instead. Many like me, that's why the stands are a sea of red nowadays.

You can get tickets for $5 apiece nowadays, no need to cough up $40.  Oh, and that's for tickets in Gold, Silver and Iron Bull locations with Club access.  Apathy is worse than anger and disgust.  Thanks Doug Woolard and Willie "The Mechanic" Taggart!!

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

You can get tickets for $5 apiece nowadays, no need to cough up $40.  Oh, and that's for tickets in Gold, Silver and Iron Bull locations with Club access.  Apathy is worse than anger and disgust.  Thanks Doug Woolard and Willie "The Mechanic" Taggart!!

True we have 4 tickets and when my sons sit in the student section ( my son is a USF senior) I cant give away the tickets to anyone I know

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

So you would rather support the Walmart family instead of USF.  People like you should just move to Alabama.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

Dude.  UAB is shutting down because of dumb politics - because UAB is run by the University of Alabama (at Tuscaloosa)... and the UAB people got into a pissing match with Bear Bryant's kid.

Gene Bartow insulted Bear Bryant, and his son has been butt hurt since then.  

UAB in general lives off crumbs while Alabama is spending 202+ million on Greek houses.  

http://blog.al.com/tuscaloosa/2013/11/university_of_alabama_fraterni.html

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

There has to be some way to appeal UAB's decision? Hopefully somebody brings suit and gets at least a stay of execution.

Are there any judges in Alabama that didn't go to UAT?

Edited by charsibb

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

it was dumb to start a  program at uab to begin with

i dont think the crimson tide is concerned with uab

Really?!...So you feel the same about USF vs UF or FSU? Same for UCF. Their FB team was around fifteen yrs before USF.

He is clueless and only believes what the pundits at ESPN tell him.  He has no clue what Paul Bryant Jr. and his ilk have been up to since it is not in the best interest of the four letter to show one of their favorites in a bad light.  As another example, why did it take so long for them to finally talk about academic fraud at North Carolina?  For the same reasons.  They only started talking about it after other sources besides the News and Observer did.  

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  80

There has to be some way to appeal UAB's decision? Hopefully somebody brings suit and gets at least a stay of execution.

Are there any judges in Alabama that didn't go to UAT?

Don't think there is much of a chance for UAB. They also did the same thing to UAH hockey, but it has since returned. One person that could completely change the situation is Nick Saban. Whatever he says goes. They worship the ground he walks on. Anyways 12 of 15 BOT members are UOA graduates and from what i have heard, most of them are afraid of Bryant Jr.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,788
  • Days Won:  3

Isn't it the University's decision to end football? How would any sort of legal action force a school to continue to fund a losing proposition?